Robotics – Computer Vision Lab /
At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world's leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
We’re recognised by LinkedIn as the top UK startup of 2020, and recently announced plans to list on the Nasdaq with an expected valuation of $5.4bn.
We’ve assembled some of the finest minds in software, engineering, AI and robotics and we are seeking a Research Engineer for our research team at our office in Berlin.
- Develop novel optimisation algorithms for optimal factory layout generation taking into account product requirements.
- Read and understand current SotA in relevant optimisation problems. Reproduce published algorithms and approaches.
- Build up experimental infrastructure - dataset generation, reproducible validation.
- Set up interfaces with other parts of the product via API.
- At least 3 years of experience with optimisation problems, both machine learning and classical.
- Experience with commercial and/or open source solvers (Gurobi, OR-tools).
- Proficiency in Python/C++ (Java is a plus).
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.