Frontend (UI/UX) — Senior Developer
Robotics – OCS Team /
At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world's leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
We’re recognised by LinkedIn as the top UK startup of 2020, and recently announced plans to list on the Nasdaq with an expected valuation of $5.4bn.
About the project:
The main goal is to create Distributed Fault-Tolerant Middleware. It will coordinate all the robotic operations on the factory: from the interaction between a robotic arm and various sensors to the requirements projection onto the real distributed sequence of robots’ actions.
About the role:
As part of the OS team, you will be responsible for UI/UX Development. Factory Operation Control System (OS) manages execution that is going on in the factory. OS UI is a set of services for analytics, operators, and managers to the factory we are building now. Your work will be in deep interaction with designers and product leads to implement all required features.
In our work, we use cutting-edge technologies and approaches: React, Redux, TypeScript, Web Sockets. As part of the team, you will create a unique Automotive Factory status visualization and management web system.
What we are looking for:
- Strong knowledge of at least one of the modern UI frameworks such as React, Vue or Angular;
- Excellent knowledge of HTML, CSS;
- Experience in RESTful services.
- 4 years or more of frontend engineering experience;
- Hands-on experience with build tools like Webpack;
- Nice to have experience with TypeScript and node.js.
- Architect, build and maintain a modern web frontend;
- Work closely with product designers in order to deliver great user experiences;
- Ownership of the whole development and deployment cycle;
- Collaborate with your team, participate in reviews and pairing sessions in order to ensure high level of code quality.
What we offer:
- To join highly scientific-intensive culture and take part in developing the unique product;
- The ability to choose technology stack and approaches;
- Yearly education budget - we support your ambitions to learn;
- Relocation package - we would like to make your start as smooth as possible;
- Flexible working environment - choose your working hours and equipment.
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.