Senior Python Developer (Vehicle Builder)
Saint-Petersburg Lakhta-Olgino /
Technology – Vehicle Builder /
At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world's leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
We’re recognised by LinkedIn as the top UK startup of 2020, and recently announced plans to list on the Nasdaq with an expected valuation of $5.4bn.
The goal of Vehicle Builder is to simplify and automate the design and configuration of a vehicle model in terms of its electrical system (selection of components, wiring diagram, software setup).
Our team has huge plans! What we have done so far is truly delightful for people in the automotive industry. Primarily because of how simple everything looks, while remaining very complex in essence.
What you will do:
- Design and development of the server side of the Web application
- Data schema design
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in Python development
- Strong knowledge of Python 3. Basic patterns, asynchronous programming, type hinting
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Experience with Aiohttp
- Experience in designing and developing Rest API
- Code testing experience
- Experience in profiling code and database queries
- English: for reading technical documents and correspondence
- - Experience with PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- - Experience with websockets, http/2
Nice to have:
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.