Control Systems Engineer
Saint-Petersburg Lakhta-Olgino /
Technology – Control Systems Software /
At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world's leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
We’re recognised by LinkedIn as the top UK startup of 2020, and recently announced plans to list on the Nasdaq with an expected valuation of $5.4bn.
We are looking for Control Systems Engineers to join the Vehicle systems team to work on one of such systems as traction motor control, thermal system, climate control, torque control, ABS, ESP, as well as the development of control systems for related automotive systems.
What you will do:
- Collection, analysis, clarification of system requirements and their implementation
- Development of algorithms for control systems and software for embedded systems
- Creation of mathematical models
- Debugging, testing of models, software both at the stands and on a real car
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience with Matlab Simulink
- Experience in software development for embedded systems
- Knowledge of theoretical mechanics, electrical engineering and thermodynamics
- Experience with informal requirements (collection and modeling).
- Experience in the development and debugging of control systems algorithms at a real facility
- Experience in testing algorithms for control systems and analysis of results
- English: for reading technical documents and correspondence
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of automotive CAN interfaces.
- Knowledge of ISO 26262, J1939 standard.
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.