Advanced Production Technician
Automotive – Microfactories UK /
At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world's leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
We’re recognised by LinkedIn as the top UK startup of 2020, and recently announced plans to list on the Nasdaq with an expected valuation of $5.4bn.
2021 is an exciting time as we are ready to take Arrival products from prototype stage at our R&D facility in Banbury to production at our first Microfactory in Bicester. We are looking for a team of Advanced Production Technicians that will work with our Advanced Production Engineers to create processes for each of our production cells including; battery build, interior and exterior trim, front suspension, powertrain, and end of line. This is a hands on role. As part of a team you will test and validate assembly processes, always looking to improve efficiencies and ways of working. As the Microfactory grows you will train future teams of Advanced Production Technicians.
We are building a talent pool for hiring later this year. Still keen to speak to people now.
What you'll be doing
- Assemble Arrival vehicles in production cells at our UK 1st Microfactory
- Collaborate in a team environment to solve problems that arise in the build process
- Looks for ways to improve ways of working and improve efficiencies
- Train future Assembly Operators
- Spend time with our R&D team understanding the build process and work closely with Build Technicians
- Building deep expertise in one cell, providing insights and process improvements for both our Industrialisation team and Plant Leaders
- Continuously drive communication across Cells and the wider Assembly, promoting open dialogue on efficiency, quality and productivity
- Focus on Quality of the stage of the process for which you are responsible, flagging any faults or potential problems
- As one of the first teams at our Microfactory you will play an integral role in building an inclusive, creative and positive working environment.
- Operate robots and robotic equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Comply with all workplace health and safety and ergonomics guidelines.
- Promote safe working standards at all times
- Ensure safety of workplace and fellow co-workers.
- Lifting and manual handling of equipment and parts of up to 20kg to shoulder height.
- Treat other members of staff with dignity and respect.
- Flexible attitude to working required shift patterns as when required to achieve production targets.
- Flexible to ensure all production timelines are met
- Travel to other Arrival sites as required to attend or conduct training.
We'd love it if you have
- A hunger to learn.
- A huge desire to achieve.
- The ability to work in a fast moving meritocracy where every employee looks to constantly improve themselves and their company.
A career with Arrival will expose you to the bare bones of a highly ambitious and entrepreneurial technology company, so if you’re interested in creating the future, not just talking about it, we’d love to hear from you.
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.