BUS – Product Engineering /
At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world's leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
We’re recognised by LinkedIn as the top UK startup of 2020, and recently announced plans to list on the Nasdaq with an expected valuation of $5.4bn.
We’ve assembled some of the finest minds in software, engineering, AI and robotics and we always need to cement our Automotive Product teams with the best Design Engineers around.
Our Design Engineers must display the following qualities:
- The ability to question everything.
- The understanding that how something was achieved last year means it may now be outdated.
- Innovation is constant, do not hold on to legacy thinking.
- The ability to make a decision.
- The understanding that having an open data set for everything we do internally will only benefit your position.
- An understanding that automotive companies are facing huge challenges, mainly because of internal legacy thinking and not because of external industry factors.
- Having an online portfolio to show your work is a good idea.
The traditional bit:
- We mainly use Siemens NX, but we'd expect candidates to pick this up quickly if they've only experienced other CAD systems. Maybe its time a company started developing something new here...
- All candidates must be degree qualified, from a top-rated university even better.
- We are looking for CAD engineers from all backgrounds and walks of life, our team is diverse and multicultural, both from an experience and personal basis.
- We do not need purely automotive industry experts, of those from this industry, please bring an open mind.
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.