Robotics – Factory Simulation Team /
At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world's leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
We’re recognised by LinkedIn as the top UK startup of 2020, and recently announced plans to list on the Nasdaq with an expected valuation of $5.4bn.
Currently we are looking for a Product Designer for our manufacturing process planning service. It should help to define an ARRIVAL Microfactory by selecting necessary robotic or manual production/assembly cells, positioning them on the shop floor, defining internal logistics of the factory. This product should utilize generative design approaches to create most efficient layout options and validate them using internal logistics simulation. It should be also possible to simulate and inspect existing layouts.
- Coordinate and lead activities on project work with manufacturing engineers, product managers, and software engineers;
- Architect information using different techniques and frameworks;
- Produce elegant and usable user interfaces and experiences within known constraints;
- Explore, iterate and improve on a broad range of ideas and potential design solutions;
- Create UI components and reusable interaction patterns to form coherent design system;
- Validate design concepts and solutions with end-users and/or business stakeholders.
- Over 4 years of product design experience;
- Portfolio that demonstrates examples of clear and intuitive interfaces for products with complex architecture;
- Experience designing and shipping digital products end-to-end from concept to launch: collaborating effectively with stakeholders, product managers, and engineers;
- Experience in building and maintaining design systems with reusable design patterns, documentation, and components;
- Experience validating ideas with prototypes and user feedback;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong visual design and typographic skills;
- The ability to handle uncertainty and ambiguity well. You can make clear decisions with limited information;
- You are self-motivated with the ability to hit deadlines and work independently.
What we offer:
- Join the highly scientific-intensive culture;
- Take part in developing a unique product;
- The ability to choose technology stack and approaches;
- Yearly educational budget – we support your ambitions to learn;
- Flexible working environment – choose your working hours and equipment.
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.