Senior Backend Developer
Saint-Petersburg Yasnaya Polyana /
FinTech – FinTech /
At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world's leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
We’re recognised by LinkedIn as the top UK startup of 2020, and recently announced plans to list on the Nasdaq with an expected valuation of $5.4bn.
We’ve assembled some of the finest minds in software, engineering, AI and robotics. Currently we are seeking Senior Backend Developer to FinTech Team focused on development of financial solutions for the clients.
Arrival FinTech is a young project (started in April 2020) that includes several product lines and the startup's spirit. FinTech’s goal is to build an ecosystem of superior financial services for ARRIVAL vehicles and to show the world how financial services should look at 202x. Have a high degree of automation with carefully designed machine-to-human interactions and learning/feedback loops that allow to increase the level of autonomy over time.
- 5+ years of experience in Java or Kotlin
- Experience in web-services development using Spring stack (MVC + WebFlux)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases, JPA, JDBC
- Understanding microservices, cloud technologies, and distributed systems development
- Understanding OOP, SOLID, algorithms, and data structures are mandatory
- Good communication skills
- Experience with Kotlin
- Experience with Kubernetes, Helm
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with microservices development
- Experience with integration with fintech services (payment systems, credit scoring, etc.)
- Applied Cryptography; knowledge of blockchain / distributed registries
- Participation in open-source
Nice if you have skills/experience or knowledge in:
What you will get:
- Competitive salary
- Working on a young project using cutting-edge technologies
- Development using Kotlin, no legacy Java
- Ability to work remotely / relocation
- Working in a large company with a startup spirit
- Flat team structure, zero bureaucracy, no corporate BS
- Best team ever 🙂
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.