Configuration Manager/DevOps Engineer
Saint-Petersburg Lakhta-Olgino /
Technology – Solution Quality /
At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world's leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
We’re recognised by LinkedIn as the top UK startup of 2020, and recently announced plans to list on the Nasdaq with an expected valuation of $5.4bn.
We are looking for an experienced Configuration Manager/DevOps engineer to join our team, which is engaged in End-To-End integration testing of a full-stack solution for electric vehicles. We need a specialist with versatile experience who can work with a wide stack of technologies: embedded Linux, C-based firmware, cloud-based software, will be responsible for end-to-end assembly of applications for different platforms and devices, implement and maintain configurations from different versions of assemblies. manage the structure of repositories, develop and implement workflows of various software components, engage in configuration management and component integration and help improve the quality of software being developed.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Organization, support and development of technological processes and infrastructure for managing versions of systems and dependencies between them.
- Organization, support and development of technological processes and infrastructure for continuous integration (assembly, validation, test run, deployment), taking into account cross-system dependencies.
- Help development and test teams build continuous integration processes.
- Ensure compliance with information security requirements: access control, elimination of critical vulnerabilities.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Understanding and experience of supporting the assembly of software products, taking into account external and internal dependencies.
- Understanding and experience of supporting continuous integration tools (Jenkins Pipelines required).
- Experience in Python development using various libraries and frameworks.
- Excellent knowledge of version control systems (Git is a must).
- Experience in automating routine scripts and processes using Shell, Batch scripting, Powershell, Python.
- Experience with containerization systems (Docker), configuration management systems (Ansible or others), artifact repositories (Artifactory, Nexus).
- Possession of GNU / Linux (Debian-based) and Windows operating systems at the system administrator level.
- English: reading and writing documentation.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Embedded systems.
- Experience with Perforce VCS.
- Experience with several continuous integration systems.
- Experience in integrating Atlassian Jira / Confluence with other software solutions.
- Experience with testing tools, knowledge of QA practices and processes.
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.