Senior HMI designer
Digital – In Vehicle App /
At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world's leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
We’re recognised by LinkedIn as the top UK startup of 2020, and recently announced plans to list on the Nasdaq with an expected valuation of $5.4bn.
Now we're looking Senior HMI Designer for In Vehicle App Team.
- Expert analysis of services, communication channels and user interfaces around vehicle drivers experience, competitive, global and industry experience in order to identify areas for the development of product & user interface design.
- Designing customer journey maps, user stories and usage scenarios of products and services to discover and define user tasks, pains and gains.
- Liaising with product manager and clients to determine their requirements, managing client proposals from briefing to design and production.
- Developing concepts, rough drafts, graphics and layouts for HMI and adjacent user interfaces.
- Providing HMI user interfaces design at wireframes and graphic design level, creating interactive prototypes in collaboration with product managers and the development team.
- Designing the specific content and micrographics for HMI and collaborating with the editor and the project team to bring it to the target state.
- Reviewing and adjusting designs based on the outcome of UX research and usability tests.
- Participation in the creation of iterative development of a design system for digital channels of interaction with our users.
Requirements & skills
- You will need relevant work experience and a portfolio of work to show. Preferably in HMI area. This can be either through full-time roles, or work completed as part of an internship or in spare time. We also expect a good knowledge of design software, such as Figma, InVision, InDesign or Illustrator plus photo-editing software, such as PhotoShop.
- Excellent methodological and practical UX design skills.
- Excellent user interface design and prototyping skills.
- Experience in automotive/industrial user interfaces design, development and management.
- Deep awareness of international vehicle HMI standards and skills in their implementation.
- Ability to see a design idea through from concept to development, working hand in hand with product managers and product teams.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Fluent or native English.
- High communication & teamwork skills.
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.