Manufacturing Support Quality Engineer
Automotive – Quality /
At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world's leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
We’re recognised by LinkedIn as the top UK startup of 2020, and recently announced plans to list on the Nasdaq with an expected valuation of $5.4bn.
We’ve assembled some of the finest minds in software, engineering, AI and robotics and we’re continuing to find the best talent to help us achieve our ambitious goals. We are seeking someone to play an instrumental part in our quality team.
· Support the management of all quality-related issues within the manufacturing team (e.g. internal, supplier, process control, engineering design, customer and customer warranty)
· Identify root cause and instigate permanent corrective actions for product quality issues
· Work with internal and external stakeholders to resolve quality issues that arise as quickly and efficiently as possible to prevent compromising quality and safety standards
· Monitor and report on quality-related key performance indicators mainly associated with concern monitoring, concern resolution, defects per vehicle and continuous improvement.
· Ensure compliance and assist with adherence to the Quality Management system.
· Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in order to adhere to process and prevent occurrence of any non-conformity relating to product, process or system
· Facilitate regular meetings with representatives from appropriate departments to establish an action plan for improving build quality, especially associated with the timely investigation and robust closure of production/prototype build concerns
· Communicate efficiently throughout the shop floor and with associated stakeholder management
· Knowledge and proven experience in system and component design across automotive exterior systems, ideally including exterior lighting, wipers, glazing and exterior trim.
· Knowledge of quality systems
· Lean Manufacturing knowledge
· Knowledge of TS16949 and ISO9000
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.