HW Test Engineer (CommPlatform)
Saint-Petersburg Lakhta-Olgino /
Technology – Communication Platform /
At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world's leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
We’re recognised by LinkedIn as the top UK startup of 2020, and recently announced plans to list on the Nasdaq with an expected valuation of $5.4bn.
We are looking for an experienced HW QA Automation Engineer to join the Communication Platform team - a multifunctional, loaded embedded device that aggregates information from all controllers inside the vehicle and transmits data to recipients in real time.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Provide quality control of the operating system, boot loaders, controller firmware, utilities and kernel settings.
- Maintain test documentation, independently decompose work, evaluate, maintain test design in the test accounting system.
- Design functional and non-functional automated tests.
- Analyze results and prioritize and document defects.
- Develop approaches to testing, write documentation for automation.
- Working with the OS and system API development team.
- Configure / extend component test environments.
- Experiment with reference equipment and repeat results with test equipment.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ownership of Atlassian products (Confluence and JIRA) for planning and accounting of work, maintaining results.
- High self-organization and consciousness.
- Understanding of the main interfaces and the specifics of interaction with peripherals in Linux-based systems.
- Knowledge and ability to apply scripting languages Python / Bash (Unix shell scripting) / Perl for test automation.
- At least 5 years of test automation experience using Jenkins / GitLab / TeamCity or etc. Understanding CI \ CD and their purpose, the ability to design an automation platform to run in any environment, use the API of external components.
- Be able to find documentation for vendor equipment and use it to achieve product goals.
- 2+ years of experience in Embedded platform projects.
- English at the level of written communication.
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.