Functional Safety Engineer
Saint-Petersburg Lakhta-Olgino /
Technology – Functional Safety /
At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world's leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
We’re recognised by LinkedIn as the top UK startup of 2020, and recently announced plans to list on the Nasdaq with an expected valuation of $5.4bn.
You are a thorough yet pragmatic engineer who applies a sound understanding of the fundamentals of functional safety engineering to pro-actively ensure that safety is built into the product from the start. You understand the principles and rationales behind standards, acknowledging that compliance is more than a ticking-the-boxes exercise.
Able to work & communicate well within multi-disciplinary project teams across the UK and Russia, you are a self-motivated, confident in your decisions, and display a strong "can-do" attitude to match the challenges you will face with equal enthusiasm.
The Functional Safety Engineer key responsibilities:
- Overall ISO 26262 implementation at the systems (in-context) and HW/SW components (out-of-context) layers.
- Conduct hazards identification and risk assessment sessions.
- Develop functional and technical safety concepts.
- Cascade and trace safety requirements between system and component levels.
- Validate and verify the safety goals are met as well as all the requirements at different levels.
- Implement ISO 26262 process practices among SW and HW development teams.
- Organize and participate in ISO 26262 certification activities for the company’s products.
- Conduct internal ISO 26262 trainings on demand.
- 2 years hands-on experience with HW/SW, Machinery or Automotive safety framework (at least 1 year in the role of functional safety or reliability engineer).
- Experience of full V cycle of systems/components development and testing.
- Strong experience with safety related systems and mechanisms, particularly complex electronic systems.
- Knowledge of requirements and task management tools.
- Experience with requirements definition and cascade both for the software and the hardware (requirements analysis skill).
- Strong understanding of the following analysis techniques: FMEA, FTA, HAZOP.
- Basic understanding of reliability engineering (Lambda-prediction, reliability testing approaches, data analysis).
- Fluent English to communicate with the UK colleagues.
- Willingness to travel to the UK up to 25% of time.
- Experience in SW model-based development (preferably MathWorks tools).
- Official functional safety certification from TUV or MIRA.
- Experience in DO-178 for aerospace and aviation safety.
- Experience with ISO 9001 or IATF 16949.
- Experience in Matlab/Simulink.
- Understanding of the WVTA procedure and knowledge of current EU regulation on vehicle safety and certification.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence tools.
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.