Hardware test engineer
Saint-Petersburg Lakhta-Olgino /
Technology – Inverter /
At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world's leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
We’re recognised by LinkedIn as the top UK startup of 2020, and recently announced plans to list on the Nasdaq with an expected valuation of $5.4bn.
We are looking for an engineer for the power electronics development team who will deal with the cycle of functional testing of our own converter devices (from 1.5 kW to 120 kW).
- Development of testing methods (test systems and quality control parameters).
- Functional testing of electronic equipment (printed circuit boards) and semiconductor devices of the converter technology of the inverter and its components.
- Design and creation of stands for functional testing.
- Participation in production process
- Optimization of testing methods
- Bachelor's or master's degree in engineering.
- Knowledge and experience in the development of devices in the field of electronics, electrical engineering or automation.
- Knowledge of digital and analog circuitry, principles of designing devices based on microcontrollers and FPGA.
- Knowledge and experience in designing printed circuit boards, with CAD (for example, Altium Designer).
- Experience with measuring equipment.
- Knowledge of English for reading technical documentation.
The advantage would be:
- Experience in developing methods and tools for testing electronic/electrical equipment OR ambition to work and develop in this sphere.
- Knowledge of the principles of building powerful modern energy converters.
- Knowledge and experience in developing programs for microcontrollers / microprocessors (MCU / DSP) in C / C ++
- Knowledge and Experience in writing application software on a PC Windows / Linux.
- Understanding the principles of testing assembled printed circuit boards (visual automated inspection, in-circuit testing, peripheral / boundary testing, etc.).
- Conversational English or willingness to improve it.
- Skills in working with CAD AutoCAD, or similar design packages, at the level of design of simple drawings.
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.