Senior Manager, High Throughput Assay Development (23035-B-692-AUTO)
South San Francisco /
ArsenalBio, a privately held, clinical-stage programmable cell therapy company engineering advanced CAR T therapies for solid tumors, is seeking a talented Senior Manager, High Throughput Assay Development to work on-site based in our South San Francisco office.
ArsenalBio’s mission is to develop efficacious and safe cellular therapies for patients with chronic
diseases, initially cancer. With our programmable and computationally driven approach, our team is engineering living medicines to attack cancer’s inherent multi-faceted nature and overcome the challenges of addressing solid tumors with cell therapy.
Driven by a collective of diverse experts across immunology, synthetic biology, molecular biology, automation and computational biology, we are united in purpose to deliver radical breakthroughs for people with cancer, and prioritize the team’s outcomes over individual goals to achieve our company mission – together.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Manager of High Throughput Assay Development to lead our assay development team within the Technology organization. This person will report to the Associate Director of Automation and High-throughput Assays, and will oversee a team of scientists and research associates to design and execute experiments, and perform data analysis. A successful candidate will be responsible for optimizing low-throughput, proof-of-concept cell culture assays into a higher throughput format, working with automation engineering teams to automate these assays, and serving as the bridge of communication between the scientific groups and the downstream engineering and operations teams. This role will involve partnering with cross-functional teams, including Synthetic Biology, Immunology, NGS, Molecular Biology, Software and Computational Biology to drive the development of next-generation drug products for solid tumors.
What You Will Do:
- Lead and manage a team of assay development scientists and research associates to develop and optimize high-throughput assays to enable automated screens for CAR T cell therapy discovery programs
- Work with automation engineering team to design and implement automated versions of T cell based assays
- Work with automation operations team to transfer manual wet lab processes to routine high throughput production
- Manage timelines, resources, and budgets for the assay development team
- Ensure that all assays are optimized for performance, reproducibility, and scalability
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in flow cytometry, cell culture, cell imaging, molecular biology, sequencing, experimental design, and data analysis
- Develop and mentor team members to ensure their continued growth and success
- Develop and maintain a culture of scientific excellence, innovation, and collaboration within the assay development team and across the organization
What Will You Bring:
- Ph.D. in a relevant scientific discipline with at least 5-8 years of industry experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 3 years management experience
- 2+ years of experience in T Cell based assay development in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry, with a strong track record of success in developing high-throughput assays for cell therapy discovery
- Demonstrated experience in developing high throughput assays for cell culture workflows.
- Deep understanding of experimental design, control setting and best practices for research and documentation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze complex data sets with Python or R, create data visualization and draw meaningful conclusions from the analysis
- Strong knowledge and experience collaborating with teams like automation, synthetic biology, immunology, molecular biology, NGS, software engineering and computational biology
- Experience with standalone low to medium throughput automation equipment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and external partners
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire team members to achieve scientific excellence and innovation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
What We Will Offer You:
An opportunity to work with the best talent in the field of cell therapy, and be part of ONE TEAM to advance therapies to patients who need it most.
ArsenalBio has a generous and comprehensive benefits package that includes but is not limited to medical, dental, and vision as well as mental health resources, virtual and telehealth options, coaching, infertility treatment, parental leave and health savings accounts. We also offer flexible work schedules and flexible time off, which includes two extra “Arsenal Days of Rest” every quarter for employees to recharge.
We have a robust mentorship program, and comprehensive development tools to help employees take control of their career paths and grow into their best selves. ArsenalBio believes in investing in the well-being of our employees - both at work and at home, as they are our greatest asset. They bring scientific talents in molecular biology, immunology, pharmacology, protein chemistry, computational biology, automation, genome engineering, software and other fields to make the future happen now.
ArsenalBio prioritizes the providing of a safe and healthy workplace that is consistent with COVID-19 public health guidance and legal requirements. In order to protect our employees and visitors, we require all visitors (candidates) and employees to present proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 when coming onsite.
We are committed to hiring the best talent from diverse backgrounds. A diverse workforce engenders richness of thought, creativity and discovery. We invite individuals who embrace intellectual achievement to bring their unique personal and professional journeys and together we will build transformative cell therapies for cancer patients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The estimated base salary offer for the preferred primary location of San Francisco Bay area ranges from $150,000 – $185,000.
Salary ranges for other locations may vary from this range. Base pay offered may vary depending on job related knowledge, experience, education, and location. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current employees as part of any final offer.
To all recruitment agencies: ArsenalBio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, or ArsenalBio employees. ArsenalBio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.