Associate Director, Target Biology (23031-B-670-DISC)
South San Francisco /
ArsenalBio, a privately held, clinical-stage programmable cell therapy company engineering advanced CAR T therapies for solid tumors, is seeking a talented Associate Director, Target Biology to work On-site based in our South San Francisco office.
ArsenalBio’s mission is to develop efficacious and safe cellular therapies for patients with chronicdiseases, initially cancer. With our programmable and computationally driven approach, our team is engineering living medicines to attack cancer’s inherent multi-faceted nature and overcome the challenges of addressing solid tumors with cell therapy.
Driven by a collective of diverse experts across immunology, synthetic biology, molecular biology, automation and computational biology, we are united in purpose to deliver radical breakthroughs for people with cancer, and prioritize the team’s outcomes over individual goals to achieve our company mission – together.
ArsenalBio seeks an Associate Director to lead efforts in target discovery and elucidation of target biology as a part of our efforts to develop and commercialize curative immune cell therapies. This candidate will direct a team of scientists supporting target biology drive and drive strategy in target identification methodologies, indication prioritization, and the development of supportive assays and approaches to characterize established target antigens
What You Will Do:
- Reporting to the Vice President of Early Product Development, you will provide scientific direction and leadership for a team of 2-3 scientists with supporting research associates/senior research associates to support target antigen biology efforts including:
- Leads team to identify new target opportunities for ICT products with target biology scientists and other contributing departments
- Directs team to identify, validate, and optimize assays and reagents to enable target characterization
- Coordinates identification of target risks and opportunities, develop strategies and executes tasks to de risk as needed
- Leads development of prioritized targets knowledgebase, levering publications, patents, news releases, and private data sources to expose critical development points for key target antigens
- Ensures that target biology needs of product teams are supported
What Will You Bring:
- Ph.D. in cancer biology, immunology, or related field with 7+ years of relevant research experience in industry or academia with
- Strong background in oncology therapeutic target discovery and characterization
- Extensive hands-on experience target discovery and validation methodologies including flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry, ELISA, Western Blot, and NGS
- 5+ years experience managing scientists and research associates and/or project management experience in a biopharmaceutical setting
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional and/or matrixed environment
- Must have excellent troubleshooting, organization, and planning skills, and the ability to work under a timeline in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
What We Will Offer You:
ArsenalBio has a generous and comprehensive benefits package that includes but is not limited to medical, dental, and vision as well as mental health resources, virtual and telehealth options, coaching, infertility treatment, parental leave and health savings accounts. We also offer flexible work schedules and flexible time off, which includes two extra “Arsenal Days of Rest” every quarter for employees to recharge.
We have a robust mentorship program, and comprehensive development tools to help employees take control of their career paths and grow into their best selves. ArsenalBio believes in investing in the well-being of our employees - both at work and at home, as they are our greatest asset. They bring scientific talents in molecular biology, immunology, pharmacology, protein chemistry, computational biology, automation, genome engineering, software and other fields to make the future happen now.
ArsenalBio prioritizes the providing of a safe and healthy workplace that is consistent with COVID-19 public health guidance and legal requirements. In order to protect our employees and visitors, we require all visitors (candidates) and employees to present proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 when coming onsite.
We are committed to hiring the best talent from diverse backgrounds. A diverse workforce engenders richness of thought, creativity and discovery. We invite individuals who embrace intellectual achievement to bring their unique personal and professional journeys and together we will build transformative cell therapies for cancer patients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
The estimated base salary offer for the preferred primary location of San Francisco Bay area ranges from $165,700 – $203,000. Salary ranges for other locations may vary from this range. Base pay offered may vary depending on job related knowledge, experience, education, and location. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current employees as part of any final offer.
To all recruitment agencies: ArsenalBio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, or ArsenalBio employees. ArsenalBio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.