Automation Operations Specialist (23092-B-692-AUTO)
South San Francisco
ArsenalBio, a privately held, clinical-stage programmable cell therapy company engineering advanced CAR T therapies for solid tumors, is seeking a talented Automation Operations Specialist to work onsite based in our South San Francisco office.
ArsenalBio’s mission is to develop efficacious and safe cellular therapies for patients with chronic diseases, initially cancer. With our programmable and computationally driven approach, our team is engineering living medicines to attack cancer’s inherent multifaceted nature and overcome the challenges of addressing solid tumors with cell therapy.
Driven by a collective of diverse experts across immunology, synthetic biology, molecular biology, automation and computational biology, we are united in purpose to deliver radical breakthroughs for people with cancer, and prioritize the team’s outcomes over individual goals to achieve our company mission – together.
This role supports a cross-functional team of scientists and engineers to perform large scale experiments with a variety of automation tools and software. This position reports to the Manager, Automation Operations.
What You Will Do:
- Operate and maintain automation tools and software, including but not limited to integrated workcells, liquid handling robots and flow cytometers to help scale high-throughput wet-lab experiments.
- Perform cell culture and maintenance on primary and immortalized cell lines.
- Execute screening experiments to generate reproducible data with defined QC metrics.
- Troubleshoot and document technical issues related to automation tools, software, or wet lab procedures during execution.
- Develop standard operating procedures for high-throughput and semi-automated screening assays to support research.
- Perform day-to-day routine equipment maintenance and schedule calibration/preventative maintenance.
- Prepare and manage inventory of reagents and consumables needed for screening, ensuring that they are properly labeled, stored, and available in sufficient quantities in advance of experiments.
- Effectively utilize laboratory information management systems (LIMS) and other relevant software as needed to manage and organize experimental data, communicate with team members, and maintain project documentation.
- Assist in continuous improvement projects by identifying opportunities to optimize workflows, reduce process times, improve data quality, and work with team members to implement improvements in operations.
What Will You Bring:
- BS in bioengineering, biology, molecular/cell biology, biochemistry or relevant laboratory experience
- 1-2 years of experience in a laboratory setting, preferably in a role focused on cell culture and/or operating automated tools and software
- Self-starter mentality and collaborative team-player approach
- Ability to learn new technologies and software
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Able to analyze, integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
- Able to prioritize and drive results with a high emphasis on quality
- Ability to work as part of a team within a highly collaborative environment
- Desire to work in a dynamic start-up environment
What We Will Offer You:
An opportunity to work with the best talent in the field of cell therapy, and be part of ONE TEAM to advance therapies to patients who need it most.
ArsenalBio has a generous and comprehensive benefits package that includes but is not limited to medical, dental, and vision as well as mental health resources, virtual and telehealth options, coaching, infertility treatment, parental leave and health savings accounts. We also offer flexible work schedules and flexible time off, which includes two extra “Arsenal Days of Rest” every quarter for employees to recharge.
We have a robust mentorship program, and comprehensive development tools to help employees take control of their career paths and grow into their best selves. ArsenalBio believes in investing in the well-being of our employees - both at work and at home, as they are our greatest asset. They bring scientific talents in molecular biology, immunology, pharmacology, protein chemistry, computational biology, automation, genome engineering, software and other fields to make the future happen now.
ArsenalBio prioritizes the providing of a safe and healthy workplace that is consistent with COVID-19 public health guidance and legal requirements. In order to protect our employees and visitors, we require all visitors (candidates) and employees to present proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 when coming onsite.
We are committed to hiring the best talent from diverse backgrounds. A diverse workforce engenders richness of thought, creativity and discovery. We invite individuals who embrace intellectual achievement to bring their unique personal and professional journeys and together we will build transformative cell therapies for cancer patients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The estimated base salary offer for the preferred primary location of San Francisco Bay area ranges from $64,500 - $79,000.
Salary ranges for other locations may vary from this range. Base pay offered may vary depending on job related knowledge, experience, education, and location. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current employees as part of any final offer.
To all recruitment agencies: ArsenalBio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, or ArsenalBio employees. ArsenalBio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.