Senior FP&A Manager (23041-B-840-FINA)
South San Francisco /
Finance & Accounting /
ArsenalBio, a privately held, clinical-stage programmable cell therapy company engineering advanced CAR T therapies for solid tumors, is seeking a talented FP&A Sr. Manager to work Hybrid based in our South San Francisco office.
ArsenalBio’s mission is to develop efficacious and safe cellular therapies for patients with chronic
diseases, initially cancer. With our programmable and computationally driven approach, our team is engineering living medicines to attack cancer’s inherent multi-faceted nature and overcome the challenges of addressing solid tumors with cell therapy.
Driven by a collective of diverse experts across immunology, synthetic biology, molecular biology, automation and computational biology, we are united in purpose to deliver radical breakthroughs for people with cancer, and prioritize the team’s outcomes over individual goals to achieve our company mission – together.
We are seeking an experienced Senior FP&A Manager to Join a growing team, who is willing to lay the groundwork and aspires to be a key contributor to the future success of the team and the company. You have the opportunity to define FP&A OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) and help the business to achieve balanced budgets and resource allocations.
What You Will Do:
- Establish strong business partnerships with the R&D and Project Management & Alliance teams to provide comprehensive finance support and ongoing analytics for program-based resources and external spend planning
- Contribute to month-end close processes and provide timely management reporting, insights and recommendations
- Define meaningful financial OKRs and lead the efforts to achieve them
- Drive development and implementation of key process improvement initiatives. Proactively engage with Finance colleagues and business partners to develop continuous process improvements for planning, analysis and reporting.
- Contribute and monitor compliance with internal controls, company policies and procedures
- Lead and implement process and documentation to support the R&D collaboration revenue recognition
- Work with IS (Information System) team to implement ERP and planning tools
Key Competencies for This Candidate:
- Business Partnership and Collaboration: The candidate must demonstrate an ability to build strong relationships with Finance and non-Finance business partners. The candidate should be a proactive leader exhibiting strong influencing capabilities with business partners and a willingness to maintain open and transparent communication across the organization.
- Results Orientation: The ideal candidate will be results-driven and must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. He/She must have the ability to lead and meet deadlines for multiple priorities and projects and take ownership of issues to resolve them in a timely manner. A "can-do" attitude is an absolute must.
- Willingness to be hands-on: The individual must have a willingness to become involved in operations to understand the processes so that the person can be viewed as the financial partner by the business.
- Provide Forward Thinking: The individual must be able to identify the interdependencies across different parts of the organization and proactively address the potential impact of issues with relevant parties.
- Business Savvy and Financial Acumen: The candidate will possess exceptional financial analytical and problem-solving skills. These skills must be balanced by sound business judgment.
What Will You Bring:
- A BS or BA is required, and a CPA is preferred. MBA is a plus
- 8+ years of relevant experience in Finance, having held positions of increasing scope and responsibility. Supervisory experience preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work independently and as an effective member of the team
- Experience with project reporting, operational accounting and reporting is required.
- Solution oriented, with good analytical capabilities
- Demonstrated success working in a deadline driven and multi-task environment
- Must have familiarity with SAP or Oracle systems and advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Working knowledge of BI is a plus
- Experience working in biotechnology industry is preferred
What We Will Offer You:
An opportunity to work with the best talent in the field of cell therapy, and be part of ONE TEAM to advance therapies to patients who need it most.
ArsenalBio has a generous and comprehensive benefits package that includes but is not limited to medical, dental, and vision as well as mental health resources, virtual and telehealth options, coaching, infertility treatment, parental leave and health savings accounts. We also offer flexible work schedules and flexible time off, which includes two extra “Arsenal Days of Rest” every quarter for employees to recharge.
We have a robust mentorship program, and comprehensive development tools to help employees take control of their career paths and grow into their best selves. ArsenalBio believes in investing in the well-being of our employees - both at work and at home, as they are our greatest asset. They bring scientific talents in molecular biology, immunology, pharmacology, protein chemistry, computational biology, automation, genome engineering, software and other fields to make the future happen now.
ArsenalBio prioritizes the providing of a safe and healthy workplace that is consistent with COVID-19 public health guidance and legal requirements. In order to protect our employees and visitors, we require all visitors (candidates) and employees to present proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 when coming onsite.
We are committed to hiring the best talent from diverse backgrounds. A diverse workforce engenders richness of thought, creativity and discovery. We invite individuals who embrace intellectual achievement to bring their unique personal and professional journeys and together we will build transformative cell therapies for cancer patients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The estimated base salary offer for the preferred primary location of San Francisco Bay area ranges from $144,700 – $180,000.
Salary ranges for other locations may vary from this range. Base pay offered may vary depending on job related knowledge, experience, education, and location. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current employees as part of any final offer.
To all recruitment agencies: ArsenalBio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, or ArsenalBio employees. ArsenalBio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.