Machine Learning Engineer
Tech – AI /
About Us: Artera is an AI startup that develops medical artificial intelligence tests to personalize therapy for cancer patients. Artera is on a mission to personalize medical decisions for patients and physicians on a global scale.
As a Machine Learning Engineer at Artera, you will develop AI-based biomarkers to support the personalization of cancer therapy. Our models are multi-model and ingest both pathology slides and clinical data. Training models on pathology slide images (100,000 x 100,000 pixels) remains a huge challenge requiring cutting edge techniques and novel solutions to be developed. You’ll work together with a broader team to develop and launch multimodal deep learning models that make predictions about a patient’s risk level as well as predict responses to therapy.
- Developing novel biomarkers alongside fellow ML engineers, biostatisticians, and scientific directors
- Design and develop innovative computer vision models that predict patient outcomes and responses to therapy
- Aid in the productionalization, launch, and monitoring of machine learning products
- Research and development of machine learning algorithms that expand product capabilities
- Contribute to and drive publications in scientific journals and machine learning conferences
- 2+ years of industry experience using PyTorch or TensorFlow
- Experience launching and maintaining products in a production environment
- Experience communicating technical (ML) details to a cross-functional team of non-technical collaborators.
$130,000 - $170,000 a year
Competitive and commensurate with experience, qualifications, and other factors to be discussed during the interview process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer enticing benefits, including 401k matching, unlimited paid time off (PTO), and more.
Equal Employee Opportunity: At Artera, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients and physicians. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.