Senior Director for Field MSLs/MA
Life Sciences – Medical Affairs /
About Us: Artera is an AI startup that develops medical artificial intelligence tests that personalize therapy for cancer patients. Artera is on a mission to personalize medical decisions for patients and physicians on a global scale.
The company is currently seeking a Medical Affairs (MA) Senior Director to build and lead the field team consisting of Medical Science Liaisons. The Senior Director is expected to have extensive diagnostics experience in oncology as well as a strong research background with exceptional communication skills.
As a Senior Director, you will be reporting to the VP of Medical Affairs and be a key part of the team. In this role, you will contribute to the overall Medical Affairs strategy, develop the field strategy in collaboration with the headquarters team, and oversee the execution of strategy and tactics of the field team.
As Senior Director, you may be assigned primary responsibility for one or more clinical areas prioritized by the company and work collaboratively with the Regulatory & Reimbursement team on projects concerning Market Access.
- Recruit, hire, and train the Medical Science Liaison team to support Artera products throughout the lifecycle and across various tumor types
- Collaboratively build internal training and external engagement material with Medical Director in Medical Affairs
- Contribute to the development of medical affairs plan (MAP) for the field team in collaboration with VP of MA and Medical Director
- Contribute to the building of department infrastructure, including developing, training, and educating new members of the MA team
- Build collaborative and strong relationships with external Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), as well as key internal stakeholders including Clinical Development, Operations, Regulatory & Reimbursement, Artificial Intelligence, and Engineering departments, and project teams as needed to support product education, launch, and post-launch activities
- Work with artificial intelligence and clinical research teams to execute on evidence generation and publication plans; supporting the preparation of manuscripts to provide clarity on clinical impact
- Provide training for sales team (as needed) and assist in appropriate activities needed for growth, including identification/training of speakers
- Work with MA team to triage and respond to medical information requests from Healthcare Practitioners (HCPs)
- Lead projects of opportunity and adapt field activities accordingly as new objectives emerge
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Advanced degree with research and extensive industry experience (5+ years): MD, PhD, or PharmD
- Experience in oncology with Medical Affairs and work as a Medical Science Liaison for +3 years
- Previous experience with Market Access in the diagnostic biotech industry
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Analytical thinker with problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with external stakeholders such as clinicians and their clinical staff
- Ability to travel up to 65% of the time to attend congresses and conduct field evaluation with MSLs at a minimum on a quarterly basis
- Experience in oncology leading MSLs
Equal Employee Opportunity: At Artera, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop medical artificial intelligence tests that personalize therapy for cancer patients. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.