Life Sciences – Clinical Development /
Artera is currently seeking a Contract Specialist with experience preparing, tracking and finalizing contracts to support data access and research agreements. This role can be Remote or based in San Francisco.
As a Contract Specialist, you will report to the VP of Clinical Development and will contribute to the evidence generation plan, helping the team meet established timelines, budget and quality standards.
As a Contract Specialist, you will be responsible for preparing, tracking and finalizing contracts with external partners. You will have access to an expert external legal team and the support of the Artera team. Your responsibilities will include:
1. Preparing, tracking and finalizing the Confidentiality Agreements (CDA), Data Use Agreements (DUA), Material Transfer Agreements (MTA), Master Service Agreements (MSA) as well as Amendments to these documents, as needed.
2. Help to communicate with external partners regarding important IP and contractual requirements.
3. Proactively identifies site contract related risks and potential roadblocks.
4. Communicates clearly with external partners and promotes an efficient timeline for contract execution.
5. Escalates contractual problems to company leadership and external legal counsel as appropriate
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- 2+ years experience as Contract Specialist or similar role in life sciences industry or academia
- Ability to multitask and function in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to rigor and quality throughout the R&D process
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Paralegal certificate
- Master’s degree in relevant discipline
- 5+ years of experience in similar role in life sciences or academia
- Experience in data use agreements for AI research