Senior Data Infrastructure Engineer
Tech – Engineering /
About Us: Artera is an AI startup that develops medical artificial intelligence tests to personalize therapy for cancer patients. Artera is on a mission to personalize medical decisions for patients and physicians on a global scale.
Data management is at the core of everything Artera does: from ingesting and indexing datasets of gigapixel-scale pathology images to the creation and serving of massive datasets used to train our suite of AI models to efficiently running our AI models in production that help guide cancer therapy decisions.
As a Senior Data Infrastructure Engineer at Artera, you will work with a team of Platform Engineers who develop tools and services to improve developer experience, security and productivity by providing self-service capabilities with automated infrastructure operations. This enables our Clinical Development Team, Customer Success Team, Machine Learning Engineers and Product Teams to support the personalization of cancer therapy.
- In this role you will closely collaborate with scientists and developers. You will design, build, and maintain data stores (S3, EFS, Box), databases and data warehouses that underpin our products and services.
- Set Data Infrastructure Engineering vision and drive both independent and collaborative software development projects end-to-end.
- Develop and take ownership of the data warehouse and related data pipelines to empower data access and self-service.
- Build out core infrastructure, tooling and software development process.
- Contribute to a range of platform engineering projects, from one-off solutions to long-term systems.
- Demonstrated integrity and consideration for appropriate data governance when working with sensitive confidential data.
- Prior experience managing AWS relational databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc and/or Data Warehouses like Amazon Redshift, Vertica, etc.
- Experience with some of AWS Storage services: S3 / EFS / FSx.
- You have Python Coding Experience.
- You have a track record of building infrastructure automation solutions using Infrastructure-As-Code.
- You have some experience with CI/CD and Kubernetes.
- You are a self-starter; You proactively identify areas of improvement and implement enhancements without being asked and take ownership.
- You have an interest in building systems that have solid monitoring and observability capabilities.
- You work well in a team environment and value collaboration.
- Remain adaptable and prepared for changing circumstances.
- Strive for continuous learning and self-improvement.
- You are an excellent communicator.
Here are few posts from our teammates, partners and customer voices to highlight the work we do:
$180,000 - $220,000 a year
Competitive and commensurate with experience, qualifications, and other factors to be discussed during the interview process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer enticing benefits, including 401k matching, unlimited paid time off (PTO), and more.
Equal Employee Opportunity: At Artera, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients and physicians. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.