Senior Director of Sales
Anywhere in US /
The Rise Senior Director of Sales is a proven sales leader responsible for driving Rise revenue growth by providing insight and direction in a fast-paced environment to a motivated sales team; analyzing sales metrics, strategies, and tactics to develop new sales strategies; and consistently increasing close rates, ACVs, account expansion, and new logo acquisition. This Senior Director of Sales has a deep understanding of the Rise go-to-market strategy, industry and competitive position, market opportunity, and value proposition for various customer personas. This Senior Director of Sales is also well-versed in effective sales methodologies, and while a true rainmaker, is happiest when doing so in a collaborative environment.
The Rise Senior Director of Sales is responsible for meeting revenue goals, coaching the sales team, and working with other cross-functional leaders to execute effective sales strategies.
In this player/coach role, the Rise Senior Director of Sales leads by example, efficiently and effectively developing account strategies to quickly expand the Rise customer base and understand target enterprises’ organizational structure, influencers, and decision-makers to build relationships that drive revenue and expansion. The Senior Director of Sales is a trusted adviser to prospective Rise customers who understands their needs, uncovers their pain points, and demonstrates the value of Rise —resulting in net new revenue for Articulate.
A successful Senior Director of Sales for Rise is a thoughtful, trustworthy doer who loves to “make rain” and is equally thrilled when a team member closes sales.
What you'll do:
- Leads the Rise sales team to drive massive growth in Rise sales revenue, achieving and exceeding revenue goals on a monthly basis
- Works with the EVP of Sales to analyze sales effectiveness and devise new strategies and tactics to increase sales effectiveness
- Develop a growing book of business, securing six-figure enterprise deals, and helping SAMs negotiate and close large accounts
- Ensure the sales team is engaged in effective strategic selling to large enterprise accounts and achieving their sales targets
- Develops and implements data-based sales strategies and winning sales methodologies across the sales team and monitors effectiveness
- Sets, reviews, and analyzes key performance indicators (KPIs) and sales performance goals for the sales team and ensures that the team is meeting its goals
- Meets regularly with the sales team to support their development as rainmakers and building their books of business; works with Articulate 360 sales director to create and optimize cross-selling opportunities
- Ensures that the sales team is working closely with the Rise customer success team to maximize account expansion and upsells
- Coordinates liaison between sales and other sales-related teams, including compliance and security, revenue ops, and marketing
- Works in tandem with sales enablement and marketing to create, optimize, and measure the success of various initiatives, including sales plays, sales reports, and effective use of CRM
- Works closely with business operations to determine an Ideal Customer Profile (ICP), and with sales enablement and marketing to create scalable sales plays to target these customers
- Responsible for evaluating work distribution among the sales team and adjusting additional headcount as needed, including sourcing new team members
- Oversees performance management of underperforming sales team members
- Serves as the first line for decision-making and approvals for SAMs and product specialist manager, including biweekly status reports and expense reporting
- Partners with VIP customers to understand their business needs and objectives
- Develops compensation plans and quotas for sales makers on a leveraged plan
- Cultivates a deep understanding of the value proposition of Rise, the competitive landscape, and enterprise software needs, and can help the sales team overcome objections and beat competitors
- Represents Rise at e-learning association conferences
- Nurtures personal career goals of the sales team; identifies individual challenges, brainstorms solutions, and coaches the team on areas needing improvement
What you should have:
- 5+ years of experience as a Sales Manager or Sales Director for a SaaS organization
- Proven success in enterprise sales “making rain”
- Demonstrable experience as an inspiring, natural sales leader
- Proven track record of fueling exponential sales growth and delivering results against objectives, and driving an effective land-and-expand sales strategy with a modern application targeting enterprises
- Strong command of revenue metrics
- Excellent negotiation, presentation, and other verbal and written communication skills
- Persuades through authentic, trustworthy engagement with customers; focuses on understanding their needs and building strategic relationships with executives
- Able to communicate with, present to, and influence all levels of the organization, especially the executive and C-level
- A thoughtful, trustworthy, doer
You're the ideal candidate if:
- You have formal sales management training
Articulate is a highly successful, fully remote software company that’s changing the way the world learns. Our award-winning e-learning tools are used by 98,000+ organizations across the globe to create engaging online and mobile courses. Our customers include 93 of the Fortune 100 and 19 of the top 20 U.S. universities. And our online community of 865,000+ members is the largest, fastest-growing community in the industry.
We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We’re all free to exercise our crafts the best way we know how to reach our goals as individuals and teams. Each and every one of us is focused on producing results that directly impact the company’s success. And we all strive to do what’s right by people, both internally and externally, instead of taking the shortest route to the highest profits.
We honor people’s humanity in all of our disparate experiences and social locations, accepting each person as an individual with a story worth listening to and honoring. We believe that honoring everyone’s humanity means being committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.