Customer Support Engineer (Philippines Only)
Articulate is looking for a Customer Support Engineer to join our fantastic team. Do you want to help customers solve challenging technical problems at an organization that invests in making customer support amazing? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
You’re an ideal candidate if:
You’re a sharp, knowledgeable technician with a genuine love for people that lets you solve the toughest problems. You’re a recognized resource and go-to for friends, family, and coworkers. You’re passionate about owning and resolving cases yourself, but humble enough to know when to ask for help. And you’re flexible, collaborative, open to feedback, proactive, and able to manage problems from start to finish.
- Take on our customers’ challenging technical problems, delight the customer, and remind them why they chose Articulate
- Reproduce and isolate bugs before involving QA
- Write high-quality bug reports
- Help the engineering team prioritize bugs
- Test products when asked, and act as a customer advocate
- Write detailed client instructions and contribute toward the Articulate knowledge base
- Use Salesforce to record, track, and close cases
- Reside in The Philippines
- Be available for rotating shifts
Your ideal skills/experience:
- 2 years of technical support experience with desktop software applications and web tools
- Extensive experience troubleshooting Windows, Office, and a wide variety of Windows applications; experience with Articulate software is a plus, but not a must
- Innate understanding of web technologies, including all major browsers, FTP, email delivery, Adobe Flash, accessibility tools, and challenges such as low bandwidth, proxies, filters, and firewalls
- No fear of logs—you can jump in and attempt to decipher any log file from any application
- Be proactive and deadline-driven, manage your time well, be organized, and propose creative solutions
- Basic understanding of HTML and of the SCORM specification
- A love for turning frustrated customers into successful advocates
- You love to help everyone: customers, peers, and the neighbor down the street
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to convey complex concepts concisely and clearly to customers with professionalism, empathy, and excellent grammar and spelling
- Experience working from home or in an environment with a lot of autonomy
Articulate is a highly successful, fully remote software company that’s changing the way the world learns. Our award-winning e-learning tools are used by 98,000+ organizations across the globe to create engaging online and mobile courses. Our customers include 93 of the Fortune 100 and 19 of the top 20 U.S. universities. And our online community of 865,000+ members is the largest, fastest-growing community in the industry.
We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We’re all free to exercise our crafts the best way we know how to reach our goals as individuals and teams. Each and every one of us is focused on producing results that directly impact the company’s success. And we all strive to do what’s right by people, both internally and externally, instead of taking the shortest route to the highest profits.
We honor people’s humanity in all of our disparate experiences and social locations, accepting each person as an individual with a story worth listening to and honoring. We believe that honoring everyone’s humanity means being committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.