Director of Business Intelligence
Anywhere in US /
Business Operations /
The Director of Business Intelligence is a strategic position and central to our plan to scale and evolve our data-driven global enterprise. Reporting to the SVP of Operations and a critical partner to the entire leadership team, this person is responsible for surfacing and generating business-critical insights that ultimately lead to revenue growth and drive strategic decisions.
This role’s contributions will be a crucial driver of Articulate’s business strategy, both to shape the emerging Rise.com business and expand the dominance of Articulate 360 globally. By tying disparate business and product data together, the Director of Business Intelligence will help map customer journeys of various segments, uncover new opportunities for product, sales, and customer success to drive growth, answer business-critical questions, and more.
As a cross-functional leader, the person in this role will craft a vision for enterprise data and analytics at Articulate that matches our maturity, aspirations, and culture—and then execute on that vision.
What you'll do:
- Utilize data from across the organization to explore strategic questions posed by the leadership team
- Develop new hypotheses using data-driven connections to provide insights and recommendations that impact any and all functions to drive business growth
- Build relationships across the company to gain perspective beyond what the data says and adopt tactics readily accepted by other stakeholders in our unique organization
- Develop strategic perspectives on new market opportunities and assess the risks and benefits of critical strategic decisions
- Own the analysis of the rapidly evolving competitive landscape
- Recognize process inefficiencies and improvement opportunities across the company
- Conduct hands-on, advanced analytics from disparate databases and present as distilled, actionable insights and recommendations
- Provide a deep understanding and analysis of CAC (the cost to acquire a customer), retention, customer segmentation, and customer journeys of various customer and prospect segments
- Lead customer and prospect life cycle analytics, price sensitivity, cohort sizing analysis, attrition and retention drivers, product interactions, and more
- Partner with the teams responsible for building and managing the data platform and visualization technologies and advise functional business analytics teams
- Aid the finance and business operations teams in financial forecasting, LTV analysis, and pipeline analysis
What you should have:
- The ability to connect data to derive unique and impactful insights not readily apparent when looking at discrete data sets
- Deep understanding of SaaS data and business metrics
- Experience identifying, evaluating, analyzing, and answering critical strategic questions and business situations based on in-depth data analysis
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills with a data-driven approach to problem-solving
- Creative thinker and “connector” who is deeply grounded in understanding SaaS business and macro trends and economics
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and focused on executing at the highest levels
- Comfortable interacting with senior business leaders and leading strategic discussions
- Superb verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership qualities
- The ability to build positive, collaborative relationships with folks across different teams and at all levels of the organization
- Resilient and adaptable, and can thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A thoughtful, trustworthy doer who leads by example
- High EQ
- Positive, empathetic, driven, collaborative, flexible, and confident, with a learning mindset
Articulate is a highly successful, fully remote software company that’s changing the way the world learns. Our award-winning e-learning tools are used by 98,000+ organizations across the globe to create engaging online and mobile courses. Our customers include 93 of the Fortune 100 and 19 of the top 20 U.S. universities. And our online community of 865,000+ members is the largest, fastest-growing community in the industry.
We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We’re all free to exercise our crafts the best way we know how to reach our goals as individuals and teams. Each and every one of us is focused on producing results that directly impact the company’s success. And we all strive to do what’s right by people, both internally and externally, instead of taking the shortest route to the highest profits.
We honor people’s humanity in all of our disparate experiences and social locations, accepting each person as an individual with a story worth listening to and honoring. We believe that honoring everyone’s humanity means being committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.