Senior Director, Creative
Anywhere in US /
Articulate is looking for an exceptional Senior Director of Creative to lead our marketing design team and tell the Articulate story through visual media. This role will report to our Senior VP of Marketing.
The Senior Director of Creative will manage and grow an expanding team of talented designers and animators across a variety of disciplines. You’ll be responsible for directing all digital and traditional brand and marketing design, illustration, video production, and motion graphics.
As the Senior Director of Creative, you’ll be responsible for creating new ways to tell compelling stories in ways that break through the noise to reach specific audiences. You’re a master storyteller with flawless execution in all visual mediums and an inspirational leader who guides a high-functioning team to produce assets that engage, inspire, and delight audiences.
What you'll do:
- Oversee all advertising, branding, marketing design, and illustration to effectively tell our brand and product stories
- Collaborate with demand gen, communications, and engineering teams to understand every aspect of the Articulate story and create visual assets that tell this story in ways that deeply impact our target audiences
- Leverage a deep understanding of design principles to provide detailed feedback to team members, helping them transform concepts into polished designs
- Generate buy-in from stakeholders on new visual design treatments and concepts to evolve our visual storytelling
- Drive team productivity with effective distribution of work among team members
- Support the growth of our designers and animators, helping them sharpen their creative skills and embrace a shared aesthetic and vision
- Guide our marketing design team to build internal design system, design resources, templates, and other assets to optimize consistency and production for new requests
- Develop and nurture a culture centered around good design, collaboration, and thoughtful decision-making
- Maintain accurate and current knowledge of new design techniques and applicable brand/marketing design trends
What you should have:
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in visual design, including web design, motion graphics, branding, digital design, and tradition print design
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience leading and coaching visual designers
- Ability to build positive, collaborative relationships with folks across different teams and at all levels of the organization
- Resilient, adaptable, and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Thoughtful, trustworthy doer
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience
You have read our human-centered organization framework and are in sync with it 100%.
Articulate is a highly successful, fully remote software company that’s changing the way the world learns. Our award-winning e-learning tools are used by 106,000+ organizations across the globe to create engaging online and mobile courses. Our customers include 98 of the Fortune 100 and 19 of the top 20 U.S. universities. And our online community of 965,000+ members is the largest, fastest-growing community in the industry.
We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We’re all free to exercise our crafts the best way we know how to reach our goals as individuals and teams. Each and every one of us is focused on producing results that directly impact the company’s success. And we all strive to do what’s right by people, both internally and externally, instead of taking the shortest route to the highest profits.
We honor people’s humanity in all of our disparate experiences and social locations, accepting each person as an individual with a story worth listening to and honoring. We believe that honoring everyone’s humanity means being committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.