Order Management Specialist
Anywhere in US
Do you want to be part of an energetic and fun software company where your work has a real impact? We’re looking for an Order Management Specialist who can play a critical role in supporting our sales teams and customers.
This position will ensure data integrity between sales, order, and financial systems, resulting in efficient order to cash processing and accurate reporting, subscription renewals, and revenue recognition.
The Order Management Specialist will manage trial conversions and order processing, inclusive of enterprise special handling terms. You will have previous experience working with a sales-driven, SaaS subscription business and have managed the full order to cash process for standard and complex transactions.
We need someone who can look at an order and think revenue recognition implications, contractual implications, commission implications, and system implications. You enjoy working with Sales, ensuring customers and sales are a priority. You are process-driven but maintain an entrepreneurial spirit. The ideal candidate is flexible and nimble and can move with a grassroots, new product rollout while understanding the need to build scalable processes. You possess strong business acumen, can work in a team environment, are self-motivated, and enjoy creative problem-solving.
What you will do on a typical day:
- Review and process sales orders for standard and enterprise special handling orders between Salesforce and Chargebee systems
- Learn and build cross-functional processes and communications with sales and customers to support all aspects of the order life cycle
- Support pre-sales and post-sales activities between Sales, Customer Success, and Finance to include opportunity “close-won” communications, customer payment, provisioning, PO documentation, portal setup, upgrades, change orders, returns, refunds, order status inquiries, and discrepancy resolution
- Record customer communications and activities in various internal systems via tasks, cases, Slack messages, and email
- Monitor product delivery and fulfillment systems
- Work with Contracts and Finance to coordinate vendor registration, PO creation, banking setup, and state and federal documentation required to process orders
- Assist in building the support process for renewals and account management
- Coordinate and report orders billings data to support commission payments
- Maintain data integrity for reporting and revenue recognition, balancing order entry configurations with cross-system impact
What you need to succeed at Articulate:
- 3-5 years’ customer order management or sales support experience in a sales-driven, SaaS organization
- Knowledge of special terms handling, enterprise contracts, and orders
- Proficiency in CRM, order management, and reporting warehouse systems, particularly Salesforce, Chargebee, Looker, and Stripe
- Ability to navigate and work across disparate systems and applications as an adaptable “human API”
- Experience with new product rollout in a startup environment
- Creative problem-solving skills with the ability to be nimble and flexible in your thought and implementation
- Desire to do what it takes to get the job done, meeting deadlines and setting priorities that align with company goals
- Self-motivation to be organized with the agility to multitask
- Strength in thoughtful and actionable written and verbal communication skills
- Aptitude as a quick learner who self-manages and can work independently in a remote environment
Working at Articulate:
Articulate is a highly successful company with an empowering work culture. We value productivity and results, not corporate B.S. And we keep our eyes fixed on our customers, helping them succeed in every way we can. We also believe that to reach our diverse audiences, we need different viewpoints and voices in our midst. We welcome and celebrate differences and are committed to building a diverse team.
Articulate is a nimble software company focused on building incredible e-learning software, community, and content. We have 48,000+ B2B customers, including 93 of the Fortune 100 companies and 19 of the 20 top-ranked universities. Our customers trust us because they know we’re just as passionate about them as they are about us. Learn more about what it’s like to work at Articulate at www.articulate.com/careers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.