Director of Product Research
Anywhere in US /
The Director of Product Research will play an essential role in our product strategy of delivering the most complete and highest-quality training platform in the industry. Reporting to the CTO and a critical partner to the CEO, this person is responsible for developing and leading our product research function that will help shape our products and advance our roadmap.
What you'll do:
- Partner with executive leadership to define and drive the product research function at Articulate and build out a new team
- Partner with Design, Product Engineering and C-Level stakeholders to create new product advantages for Articulate
- Acquire a deep understanding of the online training space, along with the needs of our users to help drive new product innovations
- Work cross-functionally with our data and support teams to get the best insight into customer behavior and unmet requirements
- Introduce and implement product research techniques that help advance the practices of our growing product team
- Influence product decisions by bringing in fresh and creative ideas that challenge the way we think about our product strategy and customer needs
What you should have:
- 5+ years leading customer research supporting product and design innovation
- Demonstrable experience as a product strategist at high-growth SaaS companies
- Experience making effective, qualitative and quantitative decisions and the ability to obtain data from customer and product research to make those decisions
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and focused on personally executing at the highest levels
- Extremely strategic yet interested in being a hands-on contributor while building out a new team
- Comfortable interacting with senior business leaders and leading strategic discussions
- Superb verbal, presentation, negotiation, and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership qualities
- The ability to build positive, collaborative relationships with folks across different teams and at all levels of the organization
- Resilient and adaptable, and can thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A thoughtful, trustworthy doer who leads by example
- High EQ
- Positive, empathetic, driven, collaborative, flexible, and confident, with a learning mindset
You have read our human-centered organization framework and are in sync with it 100%.
Articulate is a highly successful, fully remote software company that’s changing the way the world learns. Our award-winning e-learning tools are used by 106,000+ organizations across the globe to create engaging online and mobile courses. Our customers include 93 of the Fortune 100 and 19 of the top 20 U.S. universities. And our online community of 865,000+ members is the largest, fastest-growing community in the industry.
We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We’re all free to exercise our crafts the best way we know how to reach our goals as individuals and teams. Each and every one of us is focused on producing results that directly impact the company’s success. And we all strive to do what’s right by people, both internally and externally, instead of taking the shortest route to the highest profits.
We honor people’s humanity in all of our disparate experiences and social locations, accepting each person as an individual with a story worth listening to and honoring. We believe that honoring everyone’s humanity means being committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.