Senior FP&A Analyst
Anywhere in US /
Articulate is looking for an industrious, organized, adaptive, and business-savvy individual with a strong work ethic to join Articulate’s 100% remote Finance team as a Sr. Analyst, FP&A. As part of the team, you will embrace the exciting challenges that come with a high-growth and rapidly changing landscape.
Our ideal candidate will facilitate the organization’s budget and rolling forecast process, ideally having worked in a SaaS, subscription-as-a-service organization. You are detail-oriented, able to juggle multiple tasks concurrently, and does what it takes to meet deadlines.
Reporting to theSr. Director of Strategic Finance, the Sr. Analyst, FP&A, will support the ultimate goal of helping the company achieve its financial and operational goals through multifaceted reporting and analysis. You will own, build, and drive the yearly operating plan processes, inclusive of maintaining the business model, forecasting global sales targets, and measuring performance against the plan and forecast. You will communicate actionable and accurate financial information across all functional teams and to senior management in a clear and concise manner.
What you will do:
- Build, maintain, and enhance our internally developed Excel business model serving as the budget software.
- Own and maintain the core planning and forecasting processes, gathering the informational roll-up from functional leaders.
- Report actual to plan performance, operational highlights, and forward-looking risk reports with clear and concise communication to senior management.
- Drive accurate revenue, expense, and EBITDA forecasts by developing insights into the primary drivers of company performance utilizing key metrics and trends. Constantly questioning and understanding drivers behind data.
- Assist in maintaining a SaaS KPI dashboard communicating our customer and revenue story via churn, expansion, and contraction through lead indicators such as LTV, ARPA, ARR, CAC, and ACV.
- Build successful partnerships with cross-functional teams and leaders.
- Assist in Product Profitability analysis for gross margin and EBITDA with detailed allocation methodology to present to stakeholders
- Pivot large data extracts to analyze and predict trends
- Respond to AD Hoc requests in a timely manner
- Build models to streamline different sources of data for efficient reporting
What you should have:
- A degree in accounting or finance
- 2-4 years of related experience , preferably in a SaaS environment, in budgeting or forecasting.
- Comfortable with building complex financial forecasting models and scenario analysis
- Expert of Excel, PowerPoint, G Suite, and concise communication skills
- A self-motivated, independent professional who is comfortable working remotely and unafraid to propose solutions or proactively ask a lot of questions to get the job done
- Able to work on multiple tasks concurrently, maintaining strong attention to detail with a keen eye on making deadlines
- A critical thinker who is cognizant of their audience, able to change course when necessary, highly collaborative, and able to work cross-functionally.
- Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) and sales order systems such as Salesforce or Chargebee; able to create and analyze large data extracts
- Experience with accounting systems such as Intacct
You're the ideal candidate if:
- You have knowledge of software revenue recognition accounting rules (including ASC606) and the different types of software licenses (perpetual, subscription/SaaS), as well as a firm grasp of SaaS metrics, are critical.
- Are able to download large data sets from multiple customer databases to review, analyze, create pivot tables, v-lookup and create csv import files is required.
Articulate is a highly successful, fully remote software company that’s changing the way the world learns. Our award-winning e-learning tools are used by 98,000+ organizations across the globe to create engaging online and mobile courses. Our customers include 93 of the Fortune 100 and 19 of the top 20 U.S. universities. And our online community of 865,000+ members is the largest, fastest-growing community in the industry.
We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We’re all free to exercise our crafts the best way we know how to reach our goals as individuals and teams. Each and every one of us is focused on producing results that directly impact the company’s success. And we all strive to do what’s right by people, both internally and externally, instead of taking the shortest route to the highest profits.
We honor people’s humanity in all of our disparate experiences and social locations, accepting each person as an individual with a story worth listening to and honoring. We believe that honoring everyone’s humanity means being committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.