Sales Development Representative
Anywhere in US
Articulate is looking for a Sales Development Representative who will be responsible for qualifying inbound leads at the initial stages of the sales funnel for Rise.com. In this role, the Sales Development Representative will be the first point of contact for prospects and is responsible for making the sale or transferring it to an Account Executive.
The ideal candidate will represent Articulate in a positive manner, understand the prospects’ business needs, and determine the best path forward to solve their business problems.
- Respond to, engage with, and qualify inbound leads and inquiries via phone, email, and live chat
- Conduct initial qualification to discover the purchasing timeline, learning strategy, and business needs of inbound leads to ensure a potential fit
- Close deals, or transfer larger, more complex opportunities to Account Executives
- Educate and develop prospects, working with them throughout the sales process, as needed
- Manage a pipeline of leads and opportunities
- Maintain accurate and detailed notes of prospect activities in Salesforce
- Record and communicate prospect requests, gaps, and emerging requirements to improve product features
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a business development or sales role
- Adept at computer skills, including experience with Salesforce.com, Intercom, LinkedIn, and similar, core sales tools
- Positive, energetic phone presence
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- A can-do, positive attitude
- Strong sense of urgency for reaching goals and deliverables while managing multiple requests concurrently
- Solid understanding of client pain points and business needs, with a solutions-oriented and consultative approach to problem-solving
- Curiosity, self-discipline, self-motivation, and a desire to win over prospects
- Thoughtful, productive, and trustworthy
- B.A. or B.S. degree, or equivalent educational experience
- Demonstrated success in prospecting both inbound and outbound leads for a B2B SaaS organization
- Familiarity with the e-learning space and the product offerings for authoring tools and learning management systems
- Strong fundamental understanding of lead and sales development best practices
Articulate is a highly successful, fully remote software company that’s changing the way the world learns. Our award-winning e-learning tools are used by 78,000+ organizations across the globe to create engaging online and mobile courses. Our customers include 93 of the Fortune 100 and 19 of the top 20 U.S. universities. And our online community of 605,000+ members is the largest, fastest-growing community in the industry.
We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We’re all free to exercise our crafts the best way we know how to reach our goals as individuals and teams. Each and every one of us is focused on producing results that directly impact the company’s success. And we all strive to do what’s right by people, both internally and externally, instead of taking the shortest route to the highest profits.
We honor people’s humanity in all of our disparate experiences and social locations, accepting each person as an individual with a story worth listening to and honoring. We believe that honoring everyone’s humanity means being committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.