Revenue Accounting Manager
Anywhere in US /
Articulate is looking for a “roll up your sleeves” Revenue Accounting Manager who embraces the revenue side of accounting with business savvy to join our Finance team.
You will oversee and perform the day-to-day invoicing operations for all product lines while building a team to support and scale rapid revenue growth. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of the “order to revenue” subscription life cycle, as well as bookings and billings revenue and GAAP revenue recognition. You recognize the importance of both the sales cycle and customer journey, becoming the cross-functional “go-to” for order and billing solutions with Sales, Customer Success, Order Management, Business Solutions, and A/R management.
A day in the life of the Revenue Accounting Manager will include various deliverables such as import of order transaction files into the accounting system, capture contract documents (POs), electronic issuance of invoices, settlement of credit card sales between the merchant and the bank, and sales tax filings and reconciliations. You will partner with receivables/collections management on portal setup/uploads, invoice corrections, and chargebacks, and ensure timely resolution of customer requests and inquiries.
This role will quickly evolve from an individual contributor to managing a billings/revenue team reporting to the Assistant Controller of Revenue with oversight by the Sr. VP of Finance.
What you'll do:
- Build a revenue billings team to support Sales and Customer Success for multiple product lines and systems.
- Review and import daily, weekly, semi-monthly, and monthly order transactional feeds into the accounting system ensuring revenue recognition integrity.
- Reconcile credit card suspense accounts between the merchant, (Stripe), the bank, and the accounting system.
- Perform and manage the sales tax filing/reconciliation process ensuring refunds, adjustments, aborts, chargebacks, and data corrections are captured in the Avalara sales tax system.
- Manage billing portal processes, invoice corrections, chargebacks, and customer communications in the billings and A/R inbox.
- Proactively manage communications with A/R Management and Collections, ensuring the customer journey between billing and payment is a team effort.
- Assist in managing the revenue close process, ensuring entries and reconciliations are done in a timely manner with proactive communications with the financial reporting team.
- Become an accounting system expert who is able to digest and communicate system changes needed to accommodate operational business needs.
- Participate in “transaction feed development” between Finance and IT, ensuring transactions from multiple systems are imported accurately, preserving revenue integrity in the accounting system.
- Assist in getting the organization “audit ready,” specifically for revenue recognition, ASC606, and restatement of the balance sheet for Deferred/Prepaid Contract Revenue.
- Assist in the reconciliation of Deferred/Prepaid Contract Revenue.
- Develop and manage transactional trends (e.g., credit card, PO, invoice errors, chargeback reasons), keeping a pulse on customer behaviors that impact revenue and payments.
What you should have:
- 5–7 years of progressive revenue accounting experience in a subscription/SaaS business environment.
- Degree in accounting or equivalent work experience.
- Organization in actions and thought, and the ability to multitask and work productively from home.
- An Excel guru; able to analyze and reconcile large data files utilizing V-lookups, Pivot tables, and reconciling 2-3 data systems.
- Accounting system expertise with hosted accounting systems in support of subscription/SaaS, such as Intacct and NetSuite.
- Experience with CRM/Sales Order systems such as Salesforce or Chargebee.
- An agile thinker who can understand rules of engagement while managing exceptions in support of business growth.
- A critical thinker who balances attention between the details and big-picture communications.
- An effective communicator who is highly collaborative and can work cross-functionally as a business partner, especially with Sales, Success, Order Management, and Business Solutions.
- The ability to juggle simultaneous tasks while managing many communication tools such as Gmail, Slack, and Zoom.
- The ability to operate within the company’s directives of being a thoughtful, trustworthy doer.
Articulate is a highly successful, fully remote software company that’s changing the way the world learns. Our award-winning e-learning tools are used by 98,000+ organizations across the globe to create engaging online and mobile courses. Our customers include 93 of the Fortune 100 and 19 of the top 20 U.S. universities. And our online community of 865,000+ members is the largest, fastest-growing community in the industry.
We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We’re all free to exercise our crafts the best way we know how to reach our goals as individuals and teams. Each and every one of us is focused on producing results that directly impact the company’s success. And we all strive to do what’s right by people, both internally and externally, instead of taking the shortest route to the highest profits.
We honor people’s humanity in all of our disparate experiences and social locations, accepting each person as an individual with a story worth listening to and honoring. We believe that honoring everyone’s humanity means being committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.