Senior Executive Assistant (to President)
Anywhere in US /
Articulate is looking for a senior executive assistant to join our amazing team and support our president and executive leadership.
The ideal candidate thrives on helping executives be as productive and impactful as possible. You move quickly, thoughtfully, and meticulously to complete short- and long-term assignments, sometimes independently and other times in collaboration with executives. No project is too big or small for you. You are a consummate doer who looks for ways to improve processes, communication, and collaboration in a way that empowers you and those around you.
You have exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail but are flexible and willing to (cheerfully) switch gears at a moment’s notice. You thrive in a role supporting others, experiencing their success as your success. You bring a good sense of humor and authenticity to everything you do. You feel a strong sense of ownership and responsibility for executing at a high level. You ask a lot of questions, proactively get answers, and make authentic connections with others throughout the organization. Finally, you are creative in proactively overcoming challenges and ambiguity to get things done.
You must possess a high level of honesty, integrity, and discretion.
What you'll do:
- Project-manage executive team projects that can range from working with our events director on executive events to doing research to support executive discussions on a topic.
- Gather metrics, create graphs, and collate relevant data for president and executive updates, town halls, and retreat presentations.
- Track important company milestones and prompt executives to share positive recognition when goals are achieved.
- Take notes in meetings as appropriate and track follow-up tasks for the executive team.
- Manage information flow by making sure the right folks are in the loop on executive decisions as needed.
- Help orient senior hires to our work and communication styles.
- Track review requests for the president; field requests for feedback and review from various Slack channels and teams; create central, prioritized task lists; manage up to the president to ensure nothing slips through cracks, and communicate back to teams on changes to deadlines.
- Perform research tasks and summarize findings for the president’s Medium articles.
- Screen incoming speaking requests for the president.
- Help coordinate the executive team’s budgeting process and monitor budgets for variances.
- Make travel arrangements for executives and work with our events director to organize executive off-sites, team-building, and fun.
- Track expenses and prepare reports for executives as needed.
- Complete ad-hoc special projects for the executive team.
What you should have:
- You’ve been in a similar role for at least five years, reporting directly to senior leaders.
- You’re personable, professional, and approachable, with positive energy that people gravitate towards. You are action-oriented and thrive on getting stuff done at the highest level.
- You are operationally oriented.
- You understand what’s needed to take an idea to reality and are adept at driving every step of that process independently.
- You are exceptional at project management. In response to changing priorities and needs, you are unflappable. This means being comfortable with some organized chaos, which comes with the excitement and pace of working at a high-growth SaaS company.
- You’re super-organized; prioritization and time management are second nature to you.
- You’ve got excellent foresight not only to anticipate what our executives need but how you’ll support them.
- You combine high emotional and analytical intelligence to solve problems proactively, and your decision-making is grounded in solid data, sound judgment, empathy, and compassion.
- You have used Excel and Google Sheets to manage executive budgets; you can transform data into graphs and charts to tell stories visually; and you’re comfortable learning and using Gantt charts and project management apps.
- You communicate clearly, succinctly, and directly, have excellent writing skills, and possess solid research skills.
- You are skilled at building trusted partnerships with tact, discretion, and thoughtfulness, given your exposure to the inner workings of the business.
- You have a demonstrated ability to find common ground with folks at all levels in the organization.
- You don’t take yourself too seriously; you have a sense of humor and can work while having fun in an ever-evolving environment.
- You are a thoughtful, trustworthy doer.
You have read our human-centered organization framework and are in sync with it 100%.
Articulate is a highly successful, fully remote software company that’s changing the way the world learns. Our award-winning e-learning tools are used by 98,000+ organizations across the globe to create engaging online and mobile courses. Our customers include 93 of the Fortune 100 and 19 of the top 20 U.S. universities. And our online community of 865,000+ members is the largest, fastest-growing community in the industry.
We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We’re all free to exercise our crafts the best way we know how to reach our goals as individuals and teams. Each and every one of us is focused on producing results that directly impact the company’s success. And we all strive to do what’s right by people, both internally and externally, instead of taking the shortest route to the highest profits.
We honor people’s humanity in all of our disparate experiences and social locations, accepting each person as an individual with a story worth listening to and honoring. We believe that honoring everyone’s humanity means being committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.