Senior Director, Brand & Communications
Anywhere in US /
Articulate is looking for an exceptional storyteller to join its growing marketing team as the Senior Director of Brand & Communications. In this role, they are responsible for telling Articulate brand, culture, and product stories in a clear, compelling, and inspiring way to both internal and external audiences. They develop strategic and creative ideas and plans for how and where to tell these stories to drive desired business outcomes.
The Senior Director of Brand & Communications manages a team of product marketers and content writers. Together, they craft brand and product messaging that the rest of the marketing organization brings to market via cross-channel marketing campaigns to meet revenue and conversion goals. They also continually refine message effectiveness using data-based input from sales, customer success, and the rest of the marketing team on what messages are resonating with which audiences.
The Senior Director of Brand & Communications has a deep understanding of our customers, our brand values, and our product benefits. They manage our PR, editorial calendar, product marketing, and internal communication strategies. And, they work in close collaboration with other members of the marketing team who fulfill marketing plans and manage marketing channels (email, in-app, advertising, social, web properties, content creation, and events). They work cross-functionally with revenue enablement, sales, customer success, and product teams to get the right message to the right audiences.
What you'll do:
- Partner with executive leadership to craft our brand and product marketing messages
- Develop messaging hierarchies and personas
- Manage a team of product marketers and content writers
- Develop and manage marketing plans for PR, editorial content, product marketing, and internal communications, incorporating creative, non-traditional ideas to break through the noise
- Deliver assets to support marketing plans (sales presentations, customer case studies, product brochures, press releases, etc.)
- Be the subject matter expert on our customers and target audiences
- Own our “Rise Up” corporate giving program
- Manage our PR relationship
What you should have:
- Proven management ability, with focus on empowering teams that feel supported, heard, and execute exceptionally well
- Passion and outstanding ability to tell engaging, compelling stories using words and images for any medium (presentations, web, social media, PR, etc)
- Experience managing a PR firm and driving PR results
- Proven ability to develop unconventional marketing campaigns that drive quantifiable results
- In-depth understanding of all traditional and digital marketing channels and best practices
- A great eye for design and experience working with world-class design team on marketing creative
- Ability to derive insights from data and use a learning mindset and strategic thinking to constantly improve performance
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with consistent demonstration of respect for others at all levels of the organization
- Attention to detail and exceptional execution
- A trustworthy, thoughtful, doer
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience
Articulate is a highly successful, fully remote software company that’s changing the way the world learns. Our award-winning e-learning tools are used by 98,000+ organizations across the globe to create engaging online and mobile courses. Our customers include 93 of the Fortune 100 and 19 of the top 20 U.S. universities. And our online community of 865,000+ members is the largest, fastest-growing community in the industry.
We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We’re all free to exercise our crafts the best way we know how to reach our goals as individuals and teams. Each and every one of us is focused on producing results that directly impact the company’s success. And we all strive to do what’s right by people, both internally and externally, instead of taking the shortest route to the highest profits.
We honor people’s humanity in all of our disparate experiences and social locations, accepting each person as an individual with a story worth listening to and honoring. We believe that honoring everyone’s humanity means being committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.