Director of Strategic Content Partnerships
Anywhere in US /
Business Operations /
The Director of Strategic Content Partnerships is central to our product strategy of delivering the most complete and highest-quality training platform in the industry. Reporting to the SVP of Operations and a critical partner to both the CEO and the President, this person is responsible for developing a holistic content acquisition strategy, uncovering unique partnerships, and building a mutually beneficial content ecosystem.
What you'll do:
- Define and own the overall strategy, vision, and execution for Articulate’s third-party content portfolio and road map
- Drive content acquisition from third parties that align with our high-quality standards, budget, and timeline
- Develop effective operational and pipeline processes for integrating top-quality, unique content from third parties into our products
- Develop a living target list of third-party content developers and subject matter experts, develop a strategy for acquiring their content, negotiate contracts in collaboration with our legal team, and onboard and train them on our operational and pipeline processes
- Develop a set of KPIs for content utilization in-app, drive conversations cross-functionally to maximize the impact of content and utilization of content on customer success, marketing, and sales, regularly report on KPIs to the executive team, and adjust content strategy based on KPIs
- Own budget and reporting on the ROI of content partnerships
- Utilize data from across the organization, global sources of learning and development trends, and Articulate’s broad customer base to help shape the direction of content acquisition efforts
- Develop strategic perspectives on new market opportunities and assess the risks and benefits of vital strategic decisions related to content
- Drive the analysis of our content strategy in the rapidly evolving competitive landscape, and make insightful, strategic recommendations on using content for differentiation and advantage.
- Partner with the teams responsible for building and managing the content platform
- Collaborate with our first-party, in-house content development practice to establish a holistic, winning content strategy and high-performing content production pipeline
What you should have:
- Proven experience with building a content acquisition operation, from initial strategy to ongoing execution
- An exceptional track record of forging strategic partnerships and content partnerships in a business development, strategic relationships, or content partnership-type role
- Demonstrated experience working with corporate executives and external partners to negotiate and execute on complex, multi-year partnerships
- Experience making effective, fact-based decisions with data, and the ability to obtain data from market and customer research to make those decisions
- Creative thinker and “connector” who can tie the role of content to the overall product and business strategy
- Highly operationally focused; knows how to build out an operational process, from systems and team processes to reporting and analytics
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and focused on personally executing at the highest levels
- Extremely strategic yet interested in being an individual contributor at a high level
- Comfortable interacting with senior business leaders and leading strategic discussions
- Superb verbal, presentation, negotiation, and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership qualities
- The ability to build positive, collaborative relationships with folks across different teams and at all levels of the organization
- Resilient and adaptable, and can thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A thoughtful, trustworthy doer who leads by example
- High EQ
- Positive, empathetic, driven, collaborative, flexible, and confident, with a learning mindset
Articulate is a highly successful, fully remote software company that’s changing the way the world learns. Our award-winning e-learning tools are used by 98,000+ organizations across the globe to create engaging online and mobile courses. Our customers include 93 of the Fortune 100 and 19 of the top 20 U.S. universities. And our online community of 865,000+ members is the largest, fastest-growing community in the industry.
We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We’re all free to exercise our crafts the best way we know how to reach our goals as individuals and teams. Each and every one of us is focused on producing results that directly impact the company’s success. And we all strive to do what’s right by people, both internally and externally, instead of taking the shortest route to the highest profits.
We honor people’s humanity in all of our disparate experiences and social locations, accepting each person as an individual with a story worth listening to and honoring. We believe that honoring everyone’s humanity means being committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.