Denver, CO /
Denver, CO - We are looking for a Buyer to help implement procurement best practices and help us take a profitable, growing company to the next level. You enjoy resolving supply chain inefficiencies by partnering with your suppliers to make them better, faster, and more efficient. You take pride in the quality of products that are made under your watch and strive to have a high level of sustainability throughout the supply chain. You are innovative and love collaborating with vendor partners, suppliers, and with functional departments (Product, Finance, Engineering, Customer Service, Marketing, etc.) to find innovative, creative ways to reduce lead-times and COGS while increasing quality. We are looking for someone who possesses a continuous improvement mindset and who will enjoy updating and implementing new processes and tools to make our business better. This position is part of the Operations team and reports directly to the Senior Materials Manager.
- Owns the set-up and management of the master data which feeds MRP
- Works with planning tools to determine what needs to be purchased, how much, and when to minimize stock-outs and unfavorable PPV while maximizing inventory turns
- Creates and maintains in-depth/accurate PO’s, effectively communicates purchasing needs to suppliers and vendors, and tracks their performance.
- Works directly with the receiving vendor to ensure inventory receiving and control processes are being followed.
- Works with Suppliers to resolve the root cause of any quantity or quality discrepancies the Vendors discover during the receiving process.
- Performs 3-way match with Operations invoices, POs, and receipts to ensure what we are being changed for, the quantities, and costs are all correct.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Collaborate with Senior Materials Manager to leverage lean manufacturing/Six Sigma concepts and DMAIC methodology with vendors to instill a culture of continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with Operations team and with cross-functional teams to automate manual processes, implement new software or tools to increase efficiencies, and eliminate the need for labor intensive tasks.
- Production Coordination:
- Track prototype requests/help build a system which keeps all stakeholders aware of the status of each request.
- Organize, maintain, and communicate specification files/sample files to Vendors.
- Keep the Vendor capability and costing updated using feedback from Vendors, Strategic Sourcing Manager, and Senior Materials Manager.
- Vendor Communication:
- Leads regular communication with all vendors to obtain updates and provide direction on resolving any outstanding issues/concerns or upcoming events.
- Defect Reporting:
- Coordinates development of continuous improvement action plan to resolve main issues related to production quality with Senior Materials Manager
- Coordinates development of continuous improvement action plan to resolve main issues related to A|U failures with Senior Director of Operations
- Product Testing:
- Work directly with Vendors and the Sr. Materials Manager on developing product guidelines outlining how the final product should be produced, appear, and what the acceptable tolerances should be for each product.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Supply Chain or Business Administration
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in a relevant supply chain role with an emphasis in Procurement
- Experience using a modern ERP system and its modules to plan, purchase, and control inventory (Oracle, SAP, NetSuite, MS Dynamics, etc.)
- APICS CPIM or CSCP certification, ISM CPSM certification, or other evidence of relevant continuing education
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively throughout the supply chain team, across functional areas, and with vendor partners and supplier base to identify issues, develop solutions, implement improvements, and deliver results; improved: costs, quality, lead-times, and service
- Knowledge of basic Six Sigma concepts and Lean methodologies, especially as they pertain to supply chain management.
- An understanding of supply chain and supplier excellence analytics and metrics ideally in an eCommerce retailer environment
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking skills, calm demeanor, and natural ability to prioritize effectively to meet deadlines
- A positive attitude and preference for working on a team in an open, trusting, collaborative and candid environment
- Proficient in Google suite applications (Gmail, Google sheets, etc)
- Desire to grow along with the Artifact Uprising team – ready to adapt and pivot in an entrepreneurial start-up environment
Nice to Have
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Prior experience in manufacturing, especially in the printing industry
- Experience with a start-up company (preferably an eCommerce retailer) and helping them grow and scale
- Experience implementing a modern ERP system and the modules to plan, purchase, and control inventory
- Base Compensation Range - $65-75k
Artifact Uprising® is a Colorado-based company that creates premium quality, customizable photo goods for your digital photos. Driven by the belief that everyone has a story to tell, the company is known for elevated design and thoughtfully sourced materials. Signature products include the Layflat Album touting ultra-thick pages and foil-stamped covers, textured matte Everyday Prints, and a line of customizable frames.
Health, vision and dental insurance for families, flexible vacation policy, gym reimbursement, 401(k) matching plan and commuter benefits.
Why Artifact Uprising?
Creative FreedomWe value the creative process and look to our employees to speak into Artifact Uprising products, identity and approach – regardless of position or title. We look for driven people who demonstrate initiative to take the company to the next level.
The Working Life
We strive to create a workplace where everyone works hard but also has the flexibility and balance to enjoy life outside of the office.
It Won’t Be Boring
We are a small company with big ideas - and we recognize it will take every last one of us to reinvent the way brands approach business. We believe a good workplace empowers its team to rise to new challenges, expand their skill sets and think outside of the box. Through this, we foster a company culture that is always growing, always reaching, and always looking to see things differently.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at Artifact Uprising and what we should know about you.
Artifact Uprising is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.