Engineering Manager, Research Engineering
At ASAPP, our mission is to solve complex and challenging problems by building transformative machine learning-powered products. We leverage artificial intelligence to address significant challenges that share three common characteristics: huge economic scale, systemic inefficiencies, and tremendous amounts of data. Our talented teams that drive our product innovation and development are located in New York City, San Francisco, Mountain View, and Buenos Aires.
Are you energized by leading extraordinary software engineers and researchers in extremely challenging research + engineering projects? As an Engineering Manager in our research projects you will lead a mixed team of software engineers and researchers in building products while maintaining a high quality bar with scalable and reusable technology. You will be mentoring, coaching and inspiring researchers and software engineers on the team to take on new technical and research challenges and grow their careers. You will lead the team in looking at problems in new ways and inventing simple solutions to complex problems.
What you’ll do
- You'll be responsible for growing and developing an incredible team of talented and motivated researchers and engineers with high expectations around individual ownership and impact.
- You'll foster a healthy and collaborative culture that embodies ASAPP's values.
- You'll ensure your team delivers extraordinary output, and continuously seeks ways to make an outsized impact.
- You'll set direction for the team, anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges via thoughtful and adaptable long-term planningYou'll help craft technical and product strategy.
- You'll help craft technical and product strategy.
What you'll need
- 5+ years management experience with software development/research teams.
- Experience with a focus on both frontend and backend engineering.
- Collaborating with teams/PMs (experience build consensus, strong communication skills).
- Experience building teams.
- Technical Skill Level: Code Reviewing + Architectural direction.
- Strong problem solving skills.
What we'd like to see
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science.
- Service Oriented Software Architectures.
- Web service development, REST or SOAP APIs.
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Free lunch daily
- OSDE 410 for the family group
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Wellness perks
- Mac equipment
- 3 weeks vacation
- Training and development
- English lessons
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at email@example.com to obtain assistance.