Senior Language Modeling Researcher
ASAPP, an AI startup headquartered in downtown NYC, is seeking full-time Senior Language Modeling Researcher to join our early stage Speech team in our San Francisco Bay Area office. This is a critical role to help us revolutionize our customer interaction platform. If you thrive in an environment of deep thinking, impactful research, and startup-paced execution, ASAPP is the ideal place for you.
What you'll do:
- Develop and optimize language model training pipeline for fast iteration of building and publishing production models
- Follow new research related to language modeling, prototyping and productionizing new algorithms
What you'll need:
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Speech Recognition or Machine Learning
- Experience with Linux OS and scripting languages such as Perl, Python, shell scripts
- Expertise in key language technologies, such as speech recognition, machine translation or natural language understanding
- Familiar with big data processing using Hadoop, Hive, Spark etc.
- Familiar with at least one of the deep learning toolkits, such as Tensorflow, PyTorch, MxNet
- Strong analytical / problem-solving skills
- Excellent teamwork spirit and strong communication skills
We'd like to see:
- Experience with weighted finite-state transducer (WFST)
- Peer-reviewed publications in speech or NLP research
- Strong software engineering experience
- Ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change
- Free lunch daily
- Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Wellness perks
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at email@example.com to obtain assistance.