At ASAPP, our mission is to solve complex and challenging problems by building transformative machine learning-powered products. We leverage artificial intelligence to address significant challenges that share three common characteristics: huge economic scale, systemic inefficiencies, and tremendous amounts of data. Our talented teams that drive our product innovation and development are located in New York City, San Francisco, Mountain View, and Buenos Aires.
Are you energized by leading extraordinary software engineers while remaining hands-on with coding and technical architecture? As an Engineering Manager, you will lead a software engineering team in building products while maintaining a high quality bar with scalable and reusable technology. You will be mentoring, coaching and inspiring software engineers on the team to take on new technical challenges and grow their careers. You will lead the team in looking at problems in new ways and inventing simple solutions to complex problems.
What you'll do
- You'll be responsible for growing and developing an incredible team of talented and motivated engineers with high expectations around individual ownership and impact
- You'll foster a healthy and collaborative culture that embodies ASAPP's values.
- You'll ensure your team delivers extraordinary output, and continuously seeks ways to make an outsized impact
- You'll set direction for the team, anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges via thoughtful long-term planning
- You will help craft technical and product strategy
What you'll need
- Management experience with an engineering team
- Experience and maturity in building distributed, scalable systems
- Strong experience with either Go, Python, C++, Java, or Ruby
What we'd like to see
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science
- Service Oriented Software Architectures
- Fullstack experience
- Web service development, REST or SOAP APIs
- Free Lunch Daily
- Amazing office on the 80th floor of World Trade Center
- Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Fully Stocked Kitchen and Bar
- Wellness perks (free gym, massages, meditation sessions)
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain assistance.