Deal Manager, Customer Success
ASAPP is a technology company and strategic partner that pushes its clients to test the limits of technology to achieve unmatched results in customer satisfaction and efficiency with our AI-Native platform for intelligent customer interaction. Owing to our philosophy being heavily focused on results rather than technology for its own sake, ASAPP’s financial performance is tied to a great extent to successful outcomes we produce for our clients in production.
The Deal Manager will be tasked with building out and leading a world-class, performance-based SaaS pricing function at ASAPP. This role plays a pivotal role in ensuring our financial success and go-to-market impact by forecasting ASAPP’s value-add with new prospects, developing nuanced pricing models that enable ASAPP to net a meaningful share of expected value generated, and managing ASAPP’s financial risk. The Deal Manager will lead the creation of an internal set of processes for pricing new opportunities so as to ensure orderly delivery of pricing assets to the Sales team, and he or she will collaborate closely with the Legal team on developing contractual language for new commercial models. As ASAPP continues to evolve its product offerings, the Deal Manager is also expected to stay up to date on our capabilities and brainstorm creative ways to monetize and contract against new areas of value generation for clients.
Reporting directly to the VP of Customer Success, this role is based out of downtown Manhattan in New York City.
What you'll do:
- Create and maintain pricing frameworks that ensure clear value-add to clients and profitability to ASAPP
- Develop, manage and own processes and systems around pricing intake, review, and go-to-market execution
- Build and maintain pricing models that document expected KPI achievement, and expected revenue projections for incoming clients
- Perform sensitivity analysis to augment pricing decisions
- Direct pricing strategy for products and new partnerships
- Create and deliver strategy presentations quarterly to keep refining pricing strategyInform new pricing models with historical actuals to iteratively improve expected revenue performance based on past outcomes
- Collaborate with Sales, Legal, and Product to ensure alignment and maximize expected performance of new commercial structures
- Coach Sales team on how to articulate the benefits of ASAPP’s commercial model to prospects
- Own and lead all internal operational initiatives that impact pricing strategy and deployment – including how operations and finance can support invoicing of clients
What you'll need:
- 5+ Years in quantitative finance, strategy/technology consulting, or pricing & yield analytics
- 5+ years pricing SaaS-style products and tech services
- MBA or bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or a related field; or equivalent work experience
- Excellent analytical skills with a strong business acumen
- Top-notch MS Excel skills, and strong PowerPoint skills
- Discounted cash flow analysis and quantitative financial modeling skills
- Uncanny attention to detailSuperlative project management and organizational skills
- Excellent persuasion, communication, written, and presentation skills
- Proven ability to perform as both a leader and team player
- Proven ability to take initiative and ownership with little direction on highly complex, sensitive assignmentsLittle to no ego
We'd love to see:
- Experience with SQL, manipulating data and writing queries
- Experience with Excel VBA
- Proven ability to perform data and statistical analyses using R, Python, Tableau, etc.
- Experience in customer service or operations
- Working technical knowledge of contact center software/design/functionality
- AI/ML/NLP technology analysis and delivery experience
- SaaS or tech start-up experience
- Experience with Mac, Slack, Confluence, and JIRA
- Free Lunch and Dinner
- DailyMedical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Wellness perks
- Beautiful office with stunning views on the 80th floor of World Trade Center
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you require certain accommodations, please reach out to us at email@example.com. Thank you!