Machine Learning Engineer
New York and San Francisco
Engineering – Engineering
ASAPP, an AI-backed tech startup in NYC and San Francisco, is seeking a new member of the Machine Learning Engineering Team for a full-time job opportunity.
We are looking for a new member to join our Machine Learning team as a Machine Learning Engineer. You should have the passion to tackle tough problems by bringing your expertise to ASAPP to help us solve cutting edge machine learning and natural language processing (NLP) challenges. As a part of our team, you will design, develop, and deploy fast, efficient, and highly scalable machine learning algorithms that are applied to natural language processing problems. You'll work with our senior product team, engineers, and researchers to develop high quality software that is robust and reliable. You’ll be faced with new technical challenges and things to learn about ML and software engineering on a daily basis.
We'll want you to:
- Help us turn research into meaningful ML products that help tens of millions of users
- Improve existing ML models: everything from tweaking the dataset to replacing the entire solution with a whole new method
- Assess the risks and merits of different approaches to solving complex problems in the light of the specific requirements and time frame
- Actively work on creating and improving tools to parallelize model training, unifying dataset creation and accuracy measurements across experiments
- Closely monitor the edge cases of model performance and taking active measures of explaining the reasons and possible approaches for diminishing undesirable effects
- Be actively involved in the process of productizing research experiments into enterprise-ready AI solutions
- Actively follow advancements in AI and ML, and participate in discussions about them with the ML and research teams
You'll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a field of science, technology, engineering or math, or equivalent hands-on experience
- Passion for Machine Learning and solving problems
- Desire to learn new things, work closely with peers from different teams, and help others
We'd love to see:
- Production experience with Machine Learning and/or Natural Language Processing
- Graduate degree (MS or PhD)
- Proficiency in deep-learning frameworks like TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Production experience with Python, AWS, Kubernetes, and/or Docker
- Proven skill at debugging complicated systems and writing solid test cases to ensure their stability
- Be passionate about something we don’t already have expertise in!
- Free Lunch Daily
- Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Flexible Working Hours
- Lots of natural light and beautiful views (we're on the 80th floor of World Trade Center)
- Fully Stocked Kitchen and Bar
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at email@example.com to obtain assistance.