Engineering – Product
ASAPP, an AI startup in downtown NYC, launched 3 years ago to use artificial intelligence to solve some of the world's most interesting and complex problems. We are looking for an experienced Brand Designer for a full-time opportunity.
We are seeking a Brand Designer to own the design needs stemming from our Growth and Marketing teams. The role will have a great deal of autonomy and will be essential in the definition, creation and expression of the ASAPP brand.
There will be no limit to the influence of your designs across this rapidly growing organization. We will seek your expertise for designs across a number of mediums including digital (branding, presentations, web), print work, physical spaces (conference booths, company swag, etc).
Additionally, the role includes helping to strategize and produce key communications materials to simply and effectively convey ASAPP’s value and processes to prospective clients. These items include, but are not limited to, custom graphics and illustrations, slide presentations, print work, design and formatting, video capture and production.
You will work closely with ASAPP’s Growth Team to develop these materials in agile fashion and therefore we require a candidate who can quickly distill multifaceted process and multi-level value statements into concise materials that will resonate with the desired audience. Since the role has an outsized influence on the overall design direction for ASAPP and its products, a motivated and self driven personality is required.
The role will also have the opportunity to spend some of their time supporting the product design team in their work on ASAPP’s flagship products. This involves working closely with other design team members along with strategists, engineers, and researchers. What’s required is sharp eye for detail and highly developed organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
A typical day might include:
- Helping design and refine various brand communications and presentations.
- Contributing to, and evolving, brand guidelines
- Creating data visualizations
- Workshopping logo and identity concepts for new products
- Designing conference materials like banners, back-lit displays, podiums, etc
- Designing a high-quality printed pamphlet
- Sipping coffee while taking in the single best view in all of NYC
- Collaborating with teammates on new and industry-defining interaction patterns for AI-based technologies
- Conducting and documenting a competitor evaluation
- Thinking about novel ways to apply human conversation to UI
What you'll need:
- At least 3 years’ experience in creating client-facing content in a technical industry
- A strong portfolio demonstrating experience in the above areas
- Proficient with design tools like Sketch, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Experience designing in/for Powerpoint, Google Slides, Keynote and other presentation platforms.
- Ability to translate concepts into strong visual campaigns from an execution standpointInterest and/or experience with enterprise technology, big data, and/or AI
- Experience receiving input from a diverse team of stakeholders from both technical and non technical backgrounds
- Organized and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- A strong design aesthetic that sweats the detailsStrong storytelling abilities in a variety of mediums (print, powerpoint, video)
Perks of working at ASAPP:
- Brand-new office space in One World Trade Center, with a view of the entire city!
- Free lunch and dinner daily
- Fully stocked kitchen, snack room and bar
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- Wellness perks and fitness stipend
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain assistance.