Python Backend Engineer
ASAPP, an AI startup in downtown NYC, San Francisco and Buenos Aires is seeking a Backend Engineer for a full-time job opportunity. The ideal candidate will share our passion for developing scalable, easy-to-use products.
We’re working to solve complex and challenging problems by building beautiful and useful machine learning powered products. We leverage artificial intelligence to address significant challenges that share three common characteristics: gigantic economic size, systemic inefficiency, and involve large amounts of data.
The Tooling team is growing in our Buenos Aires office and we’re after new team members who will actively participate in the development of tools and applications that have a straight impact in our Machine Learning and AI systems. You will work closely with those teams (ML & AI) to understand their needs and develop new solutions.
Strong experience with Python is essential, and hopefully experience with architecture and mentoring (though not totally necessary) - and you’re ready to really put those skills to work.
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years experience building software (3+ years working with Python).
- Self-learner, independent, and have outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Totally comfortable with all aspects of backend engineering
- Teamwork and sense of partnership to properly interact with different teams among the organization.
We'd love to see:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience on the industry.
- Service Oriented Software Architectures.
- REST web service development.
- Scalable distributed applications experience
- Experience with Open API, Protocol Buffers, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Involvement in the Python community :)
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Annual performance bonus program
- Free Lunch Daily
- OSDE 410 for the family group
- Fully Stocked Kitchen
- Wellness Perks
- Mac equipment
- 3 weeks vacation
- Training and development
- English lessons
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain assistance.