Staff Software Engineer, Platform
Remote - US /
Technology – Platform & Infrastructure /
At ASAPP, we are on a mission to build transformative machine learning-powered products that push the boundaries of artificial intelligence and customer experience. We focus on solving complex, data-rich problems — the kind where there are huge systemic inefficiencies and where a real solution will have a significant economic impact. Our CX performance platform uses machine learning across both voice and digital engagement channels to augment and automate human work, radically increasing productivity and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of customer experience teams.
As part of the Platform team, critical ingredients to success include understanding how application services run in the cloud infrastructure and providing a solid foundation for building and iterating on resilient, scalable services. Initiatives related to platform scaling are currently some of the top priorities areas for the company. If you have a healthy sense of curiosity, constant improvement mindset and thrive in an environment of startup-paced execution, ASAPP is the ideal place for you.
If you have all or some relevant combination of the requirements listed below, we'd love the opportunity to speak with you.
As our operations keep growing, we encourage applicants from all locations in the US to apply.
What you'll do
- Join a team of engineers (SMEs and generalists) to create frameworks, services and tooling to increase productivity, quality and joy of development across ASAPP
- Be an active mentor to junior engineers
- Participate in team’s on-call rotation, triaging and addressing production issues
- Raise the bar of ASAPP’s engineering culture
What you'll need
- 5+ years experience building distributed systems and/or infrastructure tooling
- We use Go, Typescript, Python, data stores - MySQL, Redis and message queues - Kafka, RabbitMQ. Experience with any similar technology or language is fine
- Self-learner, independent, and have outstanding problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Very comfortable with all aspects of backend engineering and methodologies like coding, testing, observability
What we'd like to see
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent field, or equivalent hands-on experience
- 2+ years of experience with cloud technologies like AWS, Kubernetes etc
- Collaborative and flexible approach to problem solving: ASAPP’s developers are the platform team’s customers, so being customer-centric is key to success in this role
- Competitive compensation with stock options
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental insurance
- 401k matching
- Fitness and wellness stipend
- Mobile phone reimbursement
- Mental well-being benefits
- Professional learning and development stipend
- Parental leave, including adoptive and foster parents
- 3 weeks paid time off (increases with tenure) and unlimited sick leave
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain assistance.
Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $160,000 - 200,000.
- For Sales positions: this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in ASAPP's equity plan.
- For Non-Sales positions: this role is eligible to participate in ASAPP's equity plan.
The actual salary may be different depending upon non-discriminatory factors such as qualifications, experience, and other factors permitted by law. The range listed is just one component of ASAPP’s total compensation package; other rewards may include short- and long-term incentives, including the benefits listed above. #LI-AG1 #LI-Remote