Senior Backend Engineer (Health)
ASAPP, an AI startup in NYC, is hiring an experienced Backend Engineer to join our healthcare initiative and help us improve the lives of millions of patients. Current healthcare practices struggle to effectively use technology when treating patients. A major barrier exists due to the complexity that arises when both patients and physicians have to work across different health data sources. We want to solve this problem by not only connecting these different sources, but also by understanding how we can use this data to accurately assess the current state of the patient’s health.
What You'll Do
- Our end goal is to give physicians and patients actionable guidance to improve health outcomes, using an active approach that gives both types of users the best experience possible. As an early member of the health team, you will be contributing to building products that simply do not exist today. We need someone who can take on large amounts of responsibility and implement creative technical solutions and user experiences. Doing so will help improve the lives of patients, and also the physicians that are currently forced to work with decades-old technologies and outdated methodologies.
What You'll Need
- At least 5+ years experience building software with either Go, Python, Postgres, Redis, Docker
- Advanced database skills: Experience with SQL, and understanding of JSONB.
- Ability to design and implement features/systems with minimal guidance.
- Experience with leading projects.
- Self-learner, independent, and have outstanding problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Totally comfortable with all aspects of backend engineering
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Annual performance bonus program
- Free Lunch Daily
- OSDE 410 for the family group
- Fully Stocked Kitchen
- Wellness Perks
- Gym reimbursement
- Mac equipment
- 3 weeks vacation
- Training and development
- English lessons
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain assistance.