Speech Recognition Intern
ASAPP, an AI startup headquartered in downtown NYC, is seeking graduate student interns to work on speech recognition technologies in our San Francisco Bay Area office.
What you'll do:
- Conduct research on the modeling and application of user/linguistic knowledge in large-vocabulary continuous speech recognition
- Design and conduct experiments to test speech recognition accuracy, including data collection and preparation, running recognition software, and analyzing results
What you'll need:
- M.S. or Ph.D. student in computer science, electrical engineering, machine learning, statistics, or related field
- Experience with Linux OS and scripting languages such as Perl, Python, shell scripts
- Familiar with open-source speech recognition toolkits such as Kaldi
- Familiar with at least one deep learning toolkits, such as Tensorflow, PyTorch, MxNet
- Strong problem-solving skills
We'd like to see:
- Peer-reviewed publications from top speech conferences
- Strong software engineering experience
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at email@example.com to obtain assistance.