Security Engineer, Infrastructure
Compliance, Security and Enterprise Engineering – Security Engineering
At ASAPP, our mission is to solve complex and challenging problems by building transformative machine learning-powered products. We leverage artificial intelligence to address significant challenges that share three common characteristics: huge economic scale, systemic inefficiencies, and tremendous amounts of data. Our talented teams that drive our product innovation and development are located in New York City, San Francisco, Mountain View, and Buenos Aires.
ASAPP is seeking a full-time Security Engineer to help build and strengthen our infrastructure security capabilities. You will work with fellow security engineers, and partner with the rest of the technology organization to ensure we’re securing our application and cloud infrastructure. They should be very familiar with cloud, container, and encryption infrastructure.
This individual will be part of our growing security team, and will report to our Head of Security Engineering. You will be tasked with assisting in the buildout of our cloud security infrastructure, leveraging ASAPP’s people and technology for maximum benefit, and eventually your focus will shift to architecture and design review of systems integrating with and the health and maintenance of these various AI infrastructure security components.
Important: we are considering this role full time remote position for outstanding applicants that live outside the Buenos Aires city area.
What you'll do
- Become the subject matter expert on ASAPP cloud application and development infrastructure.
- Ensure systems are architected, deployed, and managed using industry best practices for protecting the confidentiality of ASAPP and it’s client’s data.
- Design, implement, and maintain security technologies such as PKI, data encryption and encryption key management systems.
- Configure architecture security components such that they integrate relevant log data into SIEM systems.
- Develop technical solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities.
- Optionally involved in redteam and offensive security exercises.
What you'll need
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of primarily cloud security experience
- Deep understanding of cloud-based and application infrastructure security technologies (AWS)
- Proficient in at least one high level programming language (Python, Java, Go)
- Familiar with encryption and secrets management technologies (Hashicorp Vault, AWS KMS, symmetric and asymmetric encryption)
- Experience designing and documenting cloud security solutions architecture
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Free lunch daily
- OSDE 410 for the family group
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Wellness perks
- Mac equipment
- 3 weeks vacation
- Training and development
- English lessons
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at email@example.com to obtain assistance. #LI-DNI