ASAPP, an AI startup headquartered in downtown New York City, is seeking a data scientist for a full time job opportunity.
In this role, you will apply techniques from machine learning and modern statistics to data both from ASAPP products and our clients. You will develop and apply approaches to solve problems that are central to our clients.
If you love an environment of deep thinking, impactful research, startup-paced execution, and strong collaboration with all parts of an organization, ASAPP is an ideal environment for you.
What you'll do
- Build and use machine learning tools to augment decision-making.
- Identify ways to significantly improve business and process problems with machine learning.
- Work with the broader of researchers, engineers, product managers and customer-facing groups to develop outstanding solutions to those problems.
- Work with internal client teams (e.g. data science) to ensure clients receive value.
- Collaborate with the Research team to define problems and develop state of the art solutions, and the Product and Engineering teams to identify components that can be built into our products.
What you'll need
- At least 5+ years of data science experience
- Interest or experience in helping large companies adopt machine learning.
- Expertise in modern statistics/data science/machine learning.
- Expertise in a statistical programming language (we use Python and R internally) and data access tools (e.g. SQL).
What we'd like to see
- Experience with one of deep learning, NLP, healthcare data, Bayesian modeling.
- Graduate degree with background in statistics and machine learning.
- Ability to maintain a fun, casual, professional and productive team atmosphere.
- Communication in a courteous, tactful, and concise manner.
- Enthusiasm and desire to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Annual performance bonus program
- Free Lunch Daily
- OSDE 410 family plan
- Fully Stocked Kitchen
- Wellness Perks
- Gym reimbursement
- Mac equipment
- 15 days of paid time off
- Training and development
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at email@example.com to obtain assistance.