Fullstack Engineer for Data Annotation
At ASAPP, our mission is to solve complex and challenging problems by building transformative machine learning-powered products. We leverage artificial intelligence to address significant challenges that share three common characteristics: huge economic scale, systemic inefficiencies, and tremendous amounts of data. Our talented teams that drive our product innovation and development are located in New York City, San Francisco, Mountain View, and Buenos Aires.
As part of the Research team, we know that labeled data is the critical ingredient for training powerful Deep Neural Networks, which help drive the ASAPP conversational systems. In this role you will work to develop a user interface and backend to help annotators label utterances for various natural language processing tasks.
What you'll do
- Build and deploy light-weight back-end services for experimental data annotation tasks.
- Create an interactive front-end that crowdsourced annotators can use complete their labeling tasks, backed by a basic data storage system.
- Collaborate with designers to build intuitive UI for this annotation tool so that annotators can complete their tasks efficiently.
- Implement a multi-user chat rooms with concurrent users to collect conversational data.
- Develop a data visualization pipeline for showing the results of the data labels.
- Work closely with machine learning researchers to iterate on these designs and APIs as new experiments and projects come upFor all the above, write readable and maintainable code that others can build upon.
What you'll need
- Ability to quickly develop and deploy simple web applications.
- Experience with interactive interface design. You should know how to build a modern React app, but also know how to get something quick-and-dirty up and running with vanilla JS and Bootstrap.
- Experience with back-end development. Knowing Flask and PostgreSQL are nice-to-have.
- Clear understanding of architecting data models and organizing code in a maintainable manner.
- 3 years minimum of software development experience.
- Previous experience with or passion about chatbots/NLP is a great bonus.
What we'd like to see
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent hands-on experience.
- Service Oriented Software Architectures
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Free lunch daily
- OSDE 410 for the family group
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Wellness perks
- Mac equipment
- 3 weeks vacation
- Training and development
- English lessons
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain assistance.