At ASAPP, our mission is to solve complex and challenging problems by building transformative machine learning-powered products. We leverage artificial intelligence to address significant challenges that share three common characteristics: huge economic scale, systemic inefficiencies, and tremendous amounts of data. Our talented teams that drive our product innovation and development are located in New York City, San Francisco, Mountain View, and Buenos Aires.
We are looking for a Sr. Technical Project Manager to schedule and coordinate releases across multiple ASAPP services. You’ll coordinate the release of services across the organization in addition to software upgrades and planned maintenance, working close coordination with the Project Management, Deployment Management, Engineering and QA teams. You’ll manage risk and issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality, and ensure that monitoring and alerts are in place. You’ll clearly communicate the status of changes to the ASAPP Production environments as releases are deployed. Responsibilities also include identifying and implementing ongoing release process improvements.
What you'll do
- You'll be in charge of ASAPP's Release Management Governance and the Release Management for its core platforms and systems
- You'll ensure that appropriate Release Management practices for ASAPP are developed in line with best practice methodologies
- Manage all changes and releases to the test, pre-production and production environments including managing risk and resolution of issues relating to scope, schedules and quality
- Participate in the Change Control Board meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks.
- You'll work with project teams to ensure that tools, processes and people are in place
- Manage the change and release schedules and forward planning of the release schedule windows and cycles across ASAPP.
- Communicate all key change and release schedules, commitments and changes including requirements, quality assurance plans, schedules and scope changes.
- You'll measure and monitor progress to ensure all changes and releases are delivered on time and within budget and that they meet or exceed expectations.
- Coordinate dependencies between servicesEnsure that all services have a definition of done (owner, testing, proper documentation)
What you'll need
- Technical Background (Degree or relevant experience)
- 3-4 years of previous change and release management experience within complex IT environments (solid understanding of project management principles preferred)
- 3+ years' experience with corporate and enterprise systems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to negotiate to an outcome
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams towards task completion
What we'd like to see
- 3+ years' of project management experience in software development
- Experience working with JIRA
- Product company background will be a plus
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Free lunch daily
- OSDE 410 for the family group
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Wellness perks
- Mac equipment
- 3 weeks vacation
- Training and development
- English lessons
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain assistance.