Senior Frontend Engineer
At ASAPP, our mission is to solve complex and challenging problems by building transformative machine learning-powered products. We leverage artificial intelligence to address significant challenges that share three common characteristics: huge economic scale, systemic inefficiencies, and tremendous amounts of data. Our talented teams that drive our product innovation and development are located in New York City, San Francisco, Mountain View, and Buenos Aires.
You’ll define, code, test and deploy new features with an emphasis on performance. Using the latest HTML5, CSS, and JS techniques, you’ll produce highly-performant, informative, and beautiful user experiences for our clients. Continually evaluating and instilling best practices into the development process, including automated testing, code organization and style, and front-end application architecture.
What you'll do
- Work closely with our product and design teams to build new features.
- Focus on delivering great user experiences.
- Align with other teams to deliver a unified and seamless UX across all of our applications.
- Create user interfaces that can handle both simple and complex interactions.
- Define and execute the engineering strategy for scaling our codebase and shift our applications to the next level.
- Contribute to the growth of the team by engaging in the recruiting process.
- Stay up to date with the latest web technologies and keep teammates informed as appropriate.
What you'll need
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of front-end software development experience
- In-depth knowledge of modern HTML and CSS
- Experience developing web applications used by thousands of users
What we'd like to see
- A proactive self-starter, energetic, upbeat, with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience with React, Redux, Node, Vue or similar tools (we use React with Hooks, but we'll teach you if you haven't used it)
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Free lunch daily
- OSDE 410 for the family group
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Wellness perks
- Mac equipment
- 3 weeks vacation
- Training and development
- English lessons
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain assistance. #LI-AD1